This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Laura.

• Author
     arielsfr
    Participant

We all have different requirements and tastes, so we spend a lot of time and effort trying to massage Sweetdate into looking the way we want it to look. And 7thQueen staff spends a lot of time answering our questions.

I think it would be much more efficient and productive for both sides if Sweetdate were made into a plugin that only handles the dating functionality. Give us more granular control so that we can easily choose which items to use and style them individually. Provide a sample CSS file and a simple theme, or perhaps even sell it as an add-on to Kleo, which seems to provide huge flexibility in look and feel. This would be win-win for both sides: everything is exposed to customers, and 7thqueen people can get on with more productive and lucrative work.

It would be even better if the plugin contained more dating site functions, such as saved searches, automatic “today’s matches” and proximity search (with geolocation fields built into the sign-up form!) , gifts, favorites, winks, hooks to chat systems, etc. These are all trivial to implement, they would make it unnecessary for customers to hire developers to provide custom plugins (I could write those in my sleep if I knew WP and BP better), and would position Sweetdate as a serious contender in the otherwise pathetic dating site software market (you wouldn’t believe what a jungle it is out there!). Plus, it would command a higher price.

Just my two cents’s worth.

Laura

Hello, indeed those are very good suggestions, we want sweetdate as what it is, a theme, and those suggestions can be added to the theme in the future, we are working very hard to implement new elements and keep it updated. The chat feature can be added with cometchat or arrowchat. The gifts and winks can also be added with other plugins, but i understand you mean to have it all in the theme without third party plugins, thats is a nice idea and we will for sure keep them in mind for the future of sweetdate.
    Thanks you very much for your suggestions 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?