This topic has 34 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Abe.

• Author

Tagged: ,

TammyWashington
    Participant

We have setup necessary twitter configurations but we only get the following message Twitter said: Array. How do we get latest tweets to the website?

Laura

Hello, that is a widget located at appearance > widgets

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

TammyWashington
    Participant

Hi Laura,

I added the widget to the footer. However, we do not receive any tweaks from twitter.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, give us temporary access to check. Do you have tweets on your account? Try to resave the widget

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

soulmate
    Participant

Hi Team,

I removed then re-saved the widget and I am also getting “Twitter said: Array”. I have set the consumer key/secret & token/secret

Here is my site: https://www.soulmatedreamdate.com

I will give you access if you need that.

Thanks,
    ~Karen

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, you should make sure that the info entered is correct. You can give me access if you verified it and won’t work

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

soulmate
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

hmmm. really strange. Can you provide temporary ftp access too?

---

soulmate
    Participant

Hi Abe,

You betcha, if you kina guide me on what info you need. I am new to ftp.

Thank you again for your time.

~Karen

TammyWashington
    Participant

We have changed our follow directory and made it writable.

/sweetdate/framework/inc/oauth-twitter-feed-for-developers

We are still not able to receive Twitter messages to the SweetDate site. What type of Permissions/Access do we need to have on Twitter? I have uploaded a screenshot of the choices.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Abe
    Keymaster

I’ll do some tests on a server I can reproduce and let you know shortly.

---

soulmate
    Participant

Hi Abe,

Sounds good. I know you’re busy. I appreciate your help fo sho.

🙂

~Karen

Abe
    Keymaster

I was expecting another client to provide the FTP access but didn’t get a response.

@TammyWashington
    can you provide temporary access to site and FTP?

---

soulmate
    Participant
     soulmate
    Participant
     Abe
    Keymaster

No problem, I got access to another site and it seems to be that it can’t authenticate so double check the twitter keys

---

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, other problems were related to blank spaces after twitter keys in Theme options

---

soulmate
    Participant

Hi Abe,

THANK YOU THANK YOU!! Not sure what magic you did on that end, but it’s working now. WOOT WOOT!

I removed the consumer key/secret & token/secret, put them on notepad, saved the change on wp. Then simply pasted them back in . . . . and VOILA.

Yay, so happy now I see twitter tweetie tweet tweets on my footer.

You guys ROCK. ♥

~Karen

Abe
    Keymaster

hehe glad it works 😉

---

Andrey
    Participant

Abe, good evening, help me with the same problem, everything works, but I don’t see why their tweet. I show some stranger I tweet.

Attachments:
     Andrey
    Participant

It should have been in the widget to enter his name on Twitter. And as regulated by the quantity of the last tweet.

Attachments:
     Abe
    Keymaster

that is number of tweets to show like 3,4,5,etc
    the twitter username is in WP admin – Sweetdate – Miscellaneous

---

Andrey
    Participant

Hi Abe, no not working number of Tweets, for example if I put 3 Tweet or 4 Tweet, why someone opens a page with the name @3 or @4 username in Twitter.

TammyWashington
    Participant

Abe,

When people send us a Tweet they do not show on the website. We only get the following. See screen shot.

Attachments:
     Andrey
    Participant

I don’t understand how it works, when I put the number 3, I have a fast human tweets from the user name @3. How else to explain:))))

Abe
    Keymaster

Please see the fix here until next update https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/twitter-widget-not-showing-my-twitter-account-after-theme-update/#post-43470

---

TammyWashington
    Participant

We still have the same problem. Twitter is not Working. We preformed the following steps.

1. We used FTP and made the entire folder “oauth-twitter-feed-for-developers” and it’s subfolders and files with Read, Write, and Execute permissions (777).

2. We then removed the Twitter Widget.

3. Next we removed all of the Twitter information under:
    Applications –> Contact Info & Social
    Applications –> Miscellaneous

4. We saved the Setting on Each page.

5. We then removed the old Twitter Keys and Generated new Keys on Twitter. These new Keys were add to the SweetDate Theme. And the setting were saved.

We are still not getting Twitter messages. Any suggestions?

Abe
    Keymaster

hi, please use the latest update 2.8.1 where that is fixed

---

victor
    Participant

hello, am having this twitter error”twitter says the page doesn’t exist” having put all keys in theme options and widget in footer. what can i do display my tweets.

Attachments:
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, Sorry for the late reply.

Maybe your username is wrong, I haven’t seen that error before..

---

victor
    Participant

Hey, thanks. you got it perfectly. i put my twitter email instead of username(i though i’ll use the email address username i use to login there). it is now displaying my tweets, but the problem now is that the date of tweet is not showing due to a css/color overlapping, please how can i change the color of the tweet date or the button so it can show. you can see my attachment to see what am saying.

Attachments:
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, that is strange.. maybe you have a plugin or some custom css that does that? You can inspect the element from Google Chrome Inspect element and see the CSS of that date element

Cheers

---

giorgos
    Participant

I receive Twitter said: “Sorry, that page does not exist.”

Any idea?

giorgos
    Participant

Please disregard , Typo in username 🙁 . Works fine

Abe
    Keymaster

Glad to hear that is solved 🙂

---

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?