This topic has 24 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Abe.

• Author
     Phinos
    Participant

Hi,

I just install it and activate themes demo. But when I tried to register and when clicking the submit button there is a message like this :

“This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave – data you have entered may not be saved”

There are 2 options there, Leave or Stay. when I chose to leave the page, there is a message to confirm my registration via Email. But I did not receive a confirmation email.
    After that I tried to re-register with the same name, but there is a message, account with this name already exists and I don’t see a user with the name. How do I fix this problem?
    Another question is how do I accelerate this themes loading? I feel the loading is very slow after installing this theme. I use this hosting package https://www.a2hosting.com/wordpress-hosting (Turbo Packet). On your demo I feel very fast loading, what hosting you use for the demo?
    Best Regards,
    Phinos
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hello there, thanks for your purchase. You can manage users in WP admin – Users – Manage Signups.

That error you mentioned should not happen and I will do a test on my local install to see if I get the same result

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Abe
    Keymaster

Our hosting is a dedicated server but it should enable caching from W3 Total cache plugin once you finish with your changes.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Abe
    Keymaster

Just found the problem in a buddypress file. Until next update please update the content in this file with the content from the attached file:
    wp-content/themes/buddyapp/buddypress/members/register.php

---

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Phinos
    Participant

Hi Abe,

Thanks for your help. I’ve been able to register but why no incoming confirmation email?

Best Regards,

Phinos
    Participant

One more question,
    Because it did not receive the confirmation email, I try to activate it manually. But while logging on, there was an error with the following message :

The page isn’t redirecting properly
    Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

Thank You,
    Phinos

Abe
    Keymaster

The email should be related to your host config and you should try sending mails trough a SMTP server with a plugin like Easy SMTP.

That error should be something related to the link you want to access and WordPress core functionality. Try to re-save permalinks from Settings – Permalinks and see if you still encounter it.

all the best

---

Phinos
    Participant

Hi Abe,

Yes I had to fix it. Thanks for your help. I have one other problem, how the user can create a group? I’ve selected the option Enable group creation for all users in buddypress settings, but when I try as a regular user, I do not find a link to create a group.

Best Regards,

Phinos
    Participant

Not only that, I am using the latest version of mozilla firefox (42.0) and when posting on the wall I can only do it once. After posting I can not do it again because there is no cursor appears. I need to open another link and back to the wall again in order to be able to post again.

I have to attach 2 screenshots.

Best Regards,

Attachments:
     Phinos
    Participant

I found other bugs, when I close the browser tab or I open another website, I can not go back again to my site I am required to re-login and when I login again I can not get into the site and there was a message “You are already logged in. Please refresh page” after doing a refresh, I also still can not enter.

So within of this three day, I have some problems and because you do not have that much time, I really hope this issue can be resolved at once.

Thank You,

Phinos
    Participant

Hi, Is my problem already handled?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi there, the Create group button should br available on your /groups page when logged in.

I will have to make some tests on your site related to the Already logged in issue. Do you have some caching plugin installed? Try to disable any plugins that weren’t recommend by the theme. If you still encounter problems please provide me a testing account on your site.

I am also inspecting the activity issue but haven’t encountered it.

Also make sure you have version 1.0 3 installed

---

Phinos
    Participant

Hi,

I using w3total cache and I’ve emptied all cache and not only that, I also had deactviated the plugin and also clear all my browser cache and cookies. You can try to login then after login, close your browser tab or open another web.

After that, try again to open my website and you will redirect back to the login page and when you try to login again, there will be a message “You are already logged in. Please refresh page” or sometimes an error occurs as seen in the attached picture.

About plugin that I use, all the plugins already deactivated except the plugin from this theme. Regarding the link button to create a group I still do not find the link. Please see the attachment picture.

I hope you can give more time to this issue, because it was a week I waited for this problem. 🙂

Best Regards,
    Phinos

Attachments:
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, I will be doing some tests on your site since I can’t reproduce it on my local site.

---

Phinos
    Participant

Hi Abe, Thank you for your attention. I really hope this problem can be solved.

Best Regards,
    Jane

Abe
    Keymaster

Oh boy. you have set the Homepage to the Login page.. which is not good.
    You need to set it to your normal homepage which on our demo site is Dashboard for example. I have set it for you the same.

Related to the groups page. I said the /groups page which is this:
    https://www.fivepal.com/groups/

---

Attachments:
     Abe
    Keymaster

Yep, they should be solved now 🙂
    Just some misconfiguration for the Front page as in Settings – Reading.

All the best

---

Phinos
    Participant

Awesome!! Thank you for your support. There is still one problem, that of the compatibility with mozilla firefox (42.0).
    Is this a setting error or something else?

Thanks Again,

Abe
    Keymaster

Glad I could help.

Also indeed there was a problem when posting activity. Until next theme version, please update this theme file located at wp-content/themes/buddyapp/buddypress/js/buddypress.js with the one attached

Sorry for any inconvenience, small sometimes appear but we try to fix them quickly.

Also don’t forget to rate our theme 5 stars on Themeforest if you like our work.

Thanks and all the best

---

Attachments:
     Phinos
    Participant

Hi Abe,

All is fine now, thank you for your time. I’ve pinned a five star.
    Hopefully there is more feature like kleo in future updates. 😀

Best Regards,
    Jane

Abe
    Keymaster

Great. Thank you very much.
    Sure, we are constantly improving and updating.

All the best

---

ctet90
    Participant

hi i have the same problem when logging it saying refresh i used the txt you gave in registration.php and still no joy

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, the fix is already in the latest update. Can you please make a print screen to see the exact error since it might be something else?

---

ctet90
    Participant

I have updated to the latest version and this is when i started having problems

Attachments:
     Abe
    Keymaster

That could be related to some caching plugin. Try to deactivate any plugins you have other than the recommended ones. Also make sure you haven’t set the Login page as hour homepage since it is obvious why that happens

---

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?