This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years by Abe.

• Author
     AKG86
    Participant

Is there a way from the back end to update the theme easily without having to recopy all the files via FTP/reinstall?

vcarlton
    Participant

I think that this is what you are looking for:

go to your dashboard > Sweetdate > miscellaneous > and update your user name (the same one from the Themeforest site, where you purchased Sweetdate from) and API key

Themeforest Username
    To automatically get theme updates you need to enter the username and API KEY from your themeforest account

If you don’t know how to find your API Key, just google it and you’ll find instructions, it’s easy.

Once you do this, whenever there is a new theme version, it will show on your dashboard under theme updates and you can just click “update”….but remember that every time you install a new theme version, it will over lap changes you might have done to php files, so you’ll have to do those changes again..for example: I changed the way the number of members show on my main page, so if I install a new theme, I have to modify the php file again. I hope this makes sense.

Good luck with it!

I hope this helps.

Abe
    Keymaster

Thanks vcarlton, Your info is correct. You can also use the child theme to make custom template changes if you want, that way when updating you are no longer required to make the changes

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

vcarlton
    Participant

how do I create a custom template with the child theme? it would be great to have them saved so I don’t have to make the changes every time I update the theme.

Abe
    Keymaster

You just enable the child theme just like you did for the main theme. Then you just copy any template you want to override to the child theme in the same folder structure as in the main theme. More on this: https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?