This topic has 10 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Kieran_SQ.

• Author
     LeonGeb
    Participant

Dear all,

Yesterday I got into some organizational problem. The theme is missing components and functions that became essential to me. I was thinking of returning it but I would really love to keep the design.

So I decided to switch some plugins and try my best to make it work with your design.

I deactivated bbpress as well as all BP components. Removed the MembershipPRO and Elementor as well.

For now it seems to be ok except I need to reconstruct the design to make it work with wpbakery.

My question is:

With all the changes I will be making and also switching of plugins, will you still be able to support the theme?
    Also when a themeupdate appears, will I be facing overwrites of my current setup and design?
    Do you offer a way to only provide the design?

Best regards,
    Leonido

Kieran_SQ

Hi Leonido,

If you’re making changes to the SweetDate files then they should be made in the SweetDate Child theme, this way they will not be overwritten when updating the theme.

We do not have any support going forward for WP Bakery so if you wished to integrate the latest release of SweetDate and WP Bakery this is something you would have to do and maintain yourself. We would not be able to provide support for your custom development.

When you have SweetDate installed with BuddyPress, Elementor and Paid Memberships Pro what are you missing? Everything should work as expected and we’d be happy to help resolve any actual issues with the theme so you can use it as intended.

All the best,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

LeonGeb
    Participant

Hi Kieran,

The theme as a complete product is surely great to use. But to be honest I did not expect BP to be so inflexible in style and partially functionalities.

I know your team has made changes per request trying to solve the problems and concerns I was having with the template. There was so much custom editing involved already (and most of them related to BP) that I started to think that BP is just not working out for the thing I need the theme for.

To be honest, the only thing that kept me from returning the theme is the design and the matching. So I tried to remove all obstacles and replace them with plugins and features I was working with for a long period of time. This took me all night and I am not even close to saying that it’s going to work out.

Knowing that updates can jeopardize my efforts is another subject that I can’t ignore.

So in summary: there is nothing missing but some of the plugin used in the theme is just not working out for me.

I hope you can understand.
    I will credit you for your good work, since you DID a good work on the theme that apparently made a lot of users happy.

Kieran_SQ

Hi Leonido,

I understand you have concerns and issues with BuddyPress. To clarify on your original question(s) the theme would continue to work without the plugins installed that you listed. That is to say, the design of the theme would stay in tact. But if you were to remove any of the plugins listed you’d lose their functionalities.

You can of course go down the route of custom development, integrating third party plugins into the theme, and these changes would be safe in the SweetDate Child theme.

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

LeonGeb
    Participant

Hi Kieran,

I do understand that some functionalities will not be working and I did lots of thinking about what feature I can give up and what benefits I get if I do so (benefits in terms of features I can use instead of that specific plugin)

I have requested a refund but I am not sure if it will be granted so I will keep working with the template and try to resolve things until it is granted.

Best regards and thank you for everything,
    Leon

Kieran_SQ

Hi Leon,

I’m not involved in refunds so I cannot speak to or for the process but I will pass this ticket on to our core developer who handles these things.

Again, please don’t hesitate to open as many tickets as needed so we can help resolve any theme related issues for you.

All the very best,

Kieran

LeonGeb
    Participant

Hi Kieran,

I understand that you will not support the customizations I am doing but as an example. After removing bbpress, bpress etc the problem I had with the menu appeared again. And even after reactivating it did not solve the problem. I will have further look at it and will keep you posted.

Best regards,
    Leonido

LeonGeb
    Participant

When the theme is updated, will it make changes to the plugins I am using or will it try to reinstall and reconfigure the plugins (activated or not)?

Kieran_SQ

Hi Leonido,

When there is an update for SweetDate (aka: SweetDate parent) it will update only the theme. The SweetDate Child theme will stay in tact as will any plugins you have installed. It won’t automatically install any bundled plugins from the SweetDate theme nor will it update them – this is a manual step that would require your action to complete so you would be safe from any auto-install worries.

Kieran

LeonGeb
    Participant

Hi Kieran,

OK Thank you.

I was already able to change the membership administration and also the editor (took some time to put in the content)
    For now everything is working fine except for the issue with the menu.

This is a big plus for you guys since it means that the theme is well coded.

Best regards,
    Leonido

Kieran_SQ

Hi Leonido,

Glad to hear that’s sorted and you should expect a response with the other topic on Monday.

Thanks,

Kieran

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?