This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by sharmstr.

• Author

Tagged: 

Gandam
    Participant

Hi,

Something is weird to me during updating to version 2.4.3, it takes much longer than it should. It has been about nearly 1hr and it is still showing in progress of updating Kleo theme (1/1), is that appropriate for updating? In fact, it is showing in progress! First time I have to wait this long, what do I do now, refresh the page or? I am scare that I will crash my site by doing so! Please advise!!! 🙁

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

I had the same issue. I refreshed to stop it. The site was still in maintenance mode so I ftp the update to the server then re-activated Kleo Child (because I’m running the child theme.

Here’s how to update via FTP https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/steps-to-update-kleo-theme

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Gandam
    Participant

Hi,

I refreshed the page and then I can’t access to my site, frontend and backend anymore! Do I really have to delete all the folders under Kleo theme first, wouldn’t it remove the changes that I have made in quick css?? (I am using child theme) This is not really good situation I am in right now, I want to cry now!! 🙁

Reflect Growth
    Participant

At that stage you really need to get access to your site files either through a cPanel or over FTP. Sounds like your theme has partially updated and is probably throwing a couple of errors.

This isnt official advice but I’d likely backup your site files, then move (or delete) the old kleo theme folder (out of the themes directory) and upload the new one.

Hope that helps 🙂

sharmstr

@kwellafrica – Its not worth crying over. If you didnt make any changes to the files in the kleo folder (which you shouldnt have) then there’s no issue. That’s the point of the child theme. Anything you set in Theme Options is stored in the db.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Gandam
    Participant

@Reflect Growth
    I can access to FTP no problem, but not from the site, it is showing maintenance mode currently. This was something I didnt expect at all. I am busy deleting the Kelo folder as per guideline, but thanks!!

sharmstr

@kwellafrica, @reflect said nothing about access through WP admin. They said cPanel which is on your host. They suggested exactly what I suggested. Continue on.

Gandam
    Participant

@sharmstr
    I wasn’t gonna cry! 🙂 It is all in working order again, thanks.

sharmstr

I knew it would be.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?