This topic has 14 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     mtgame21
    Participant

On my Plugins page, I see this message for Visual Composer. How should I go about to update? Do I use my KLEO license?

There is a new version of WPBakery Visual Composer available. View version 4.11 details. Automatic update is unavailable for this plugin. To receive automatic updates license activation is required. Please visit settings to activate your Visual Composer. Got Visual Composer in theme?

Riccardo Rossini
    Participant

I have the same, this is what I receive once I try to update visual composer

The update process is starting. This process may take a while on some hosts, so please be patient.

Enabling Maintenance mode…

Updating Plugin WPBakery Visual Composer (1/1)
    Getting download link…
    An error occurred while updating WPBakery Visual Composer: Incorrect license key.
    Disabling Maintenance mode…

All updates have been completed.

sharmstr

VC is a bundled plugin so you dont get a license key. You need to run the version of VC that is included with the version of Kleo you are running. Currently Kleo 4.0.3 uses VC 4.10.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Riccardo Rossini
    Participant

So do we have to ignore the update?

sharmstr

That’s correct.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Riccardo Rossini
    Participant

Is it normal that also after the theme update I have the same problem?

sharmstr

If you entered a license key into the VC settings remove it. To update the plugin, go to Appearance > Install Plugins. That will install it from Kleo.

Riccardo Rossini
    Participant

I didn’t put any product license, if I try to install from appearance it tells me “An error occurred while installing Visual Composer: Destination folder already exists”

Riccardo Rossini
    Participant

Do I have to remove it and try to install again?

sharmstr

Yes, try that.

Riccardo Rossini
    Participant

it worked thanks

sharmstr

Great!

Oyce
    Participant

i have done the same…..taken off, re installed it twice and it still gives that same error…..says its needs to be updated

Oyce
    Participant

Unpacking the package…

Installing the plugin…

Destination folder already exists. /home/shopping2/public_html/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/

Plugin install failed.

Plugin not activated. A higher version of Visual Composer is needed for this theme. Please update the plugin.

sharmstr

Delete the folder and reinstall.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?