This topic has 15 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     Kosiii
    Participant

I’ve got a problem with uploading Group Avatar. I manage to upload it, but then it does not show properly and its impossible to bring it back to its dimension which in this case 256×256.

As you see in the attachment the group avatar is the small dot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

Have you done any troubleshooting? Here are the basics

1 – Does it also happen with the WP 2015 Theme installed?

2 – Are you running compatible versions of Kleo and Buddypress? Kleo wasnt BP 2.4 compatible until about a week ago.

3 – Have you looked for plugin conflicts?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Kosiii
    Participant

1. I cant check with the wp themes as the site is LIVE and users are logged in.

2. I have the latest Kleo and Buddypress. I use child theme if thats important.

3. Im checking for plugin conflicts but dont see anything at the moment.

Btw. Also the post button in the activities does not show.

sharmstr

1 – Schedule downtime and check.

2 – What version of Kleo?

3 – In almost all cases that I’ve seen this, its been a plugin causing a jquery conflict.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Kosiii
    Participant

So you mean that a jquery conflict causes the issue with the group avatar??

Kleo Version: 3.1.2

Kosiii
    Participant

I do not get any issues or conflicts in the chrome inspector.

sharmstr

You’re not up-to-date. Update Kleo to 3.1.3. There’s a fix for the bp activity button display.

After you update, check the avatar upload again. If you’re still having issues, schedule some time when you can check WP 2015.

You’re the first one to report this issue and its not happening on my 3 sites. Its unlikely its a Kleo issue, but trying with the WP 2015 Theme will help us determine that.

Do you have any BP file or function overrides in your child theme that may not be compatible anymore?

It really smells like a plugin conflict. 🙂

Kosiii
    Participant

Ive got this in my function file:

add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘load_buddypress_js’ );
    function load_buddypress_js () {
    if (bp_is_group()) {
    wp_enqueue_script(‘buddypress_query’,plugins_url() . ‘/buddypress/bp-core/js/jquery-query.min.js’,array(“jquery”));
    wp_enqueue_script(‘buddypress_members’,plugins_url() . ‘/buddypress/bp-core/js/widget-members.min.js’,array(“jquery”));
    wp_enqueue_script(‘buddypress_cookie’,plugins_url() . ‘/buddypress/bp-core/js/jquery-cookie.min.js’,array(“jquery”));
    wp_enqueue_script(‘buddypress_scroll’,plugins_url() . ‘/buddypress/bp-core/depreciated/js/jquery-scroll-to.min.js’,array(“jquery”));
    wp_enqueue_script(‘buddypress_js’,get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/buddypress/js/buddypress.min.js’,array(“jquery”));
    }
    }

Will update and let you know..

Kosiii
    Participant
     sharmstr

Click on your name in Themeforest, go to downloads and download. But if you have an API key setup, then you do it in WP Admin by going to updates.

They havent updated the change log yet. I think because it was a national holiday for them and they took a bit of a break. I’ll let them know.

Kosiii
    Participant

I downloaded that version a few days ago. And it was the 3.1.2 Buzz them about it 😉

Tried now again to update the group avatar and the same issue still occurs. The image is being uploaded but the cropping function makes it so small that it is impossible to resize the image to its normal dimension.

sharmstr

Please clarify. Did you download again and you now have 3.1.3 installed? If so, since you took the site down to install Kleo, did you also test WP 2015 Theme?

Since it uploads fine but displays wrong, did you look for fault in the css? A css definition that making it small?

Its really hard to help you when I cant see what’s going on.

Kosiii
    Participant

I downloaded a few days ago an that version is the 3.1.2 NOT 3.1.3. Meaning it hasnt been updated at themeforest yet.

This is the error I get I see now:

/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/depreciated/js/jquery-scroll-to.min.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

Kosiii
    Participant

Update:

Ok I found out that Kleo does not play well with Lazy load plugin which is a great plugin. Works uploading images and cropping them as usually.

Kosiii
    Participant

How ever, I still get this error:

/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/depreciated/js/jquery-scroll-to.min.js

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

sharmstr

It HAS been updated. They just havent updated the text in the change log. Download and update.

You’re getting the error because you have old code in your child theme that isnt compatible with BP 2.4.

https://archived.seventhqueen.com/documentation/kleo#wp-engine

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?