This topic has 10 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Laura.

• Author
     Gandam
    Participant

Hi,

I am experiencing something weird, I am not sure if that has anything to do with Yoast SEO. I installed Yoast plugin and modified the robots.txt while I was setting up.

My category URL is showing as: http://mysite.com/http:/mysite.com/blog/categories/travel-fun/, site title appears twice, any other page seems normal except category page. I’ve searched around within forum, and I am aware Kleo theme has no issue with Yoast SEO plugin, so what else could cause this weird situation, pls help??

Regards,

Laura

Hello, have you tried to deactivate yoast seo to see if its an issue related to it?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Gandam
    Participant

@Laura
    I’ve deactivated it, but the error remains unchanged! What else could result this error, any clue from your exp.? I’ve modified robots.txt and add a snippet to function.php, would that result to this error?

I’ve added this to ROBOTS.TXT

User-agent: *
    Disallow: /cgi-bin/
    Disallow: /wp-admin/
    Disallow: /wp-content/plugins/
    Disallow: /wp-content/cache/
    Disallow: /wp-content/themes/

User-agent: Mediapartners-Google*
    Allow: /

User-agent: Googlebot-Image
    Allow: /wp-content/uploads/

User-agent: Adsbot-Google

User-agent: Googlebot-Mobile

Sitemap: http://mysite.com/sitemap_index.xml

and the snippet in Function.php:

remove_action( ‘wp_head’, ‘wp_generator’ ) ;
    remove_action( ‘wp_head’, ‘wlwmanifest_link’ ) ;
    remove_action( ‘wp_head’, ‘rsd_link’ ) ;

these are all I’ve done before the category URL become funny!

Laura

Hello, try to delete the changes, if the error disappears then its related to it, try maybe without the functions.php snippet

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Gandam
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve deleted all snippet changes in both robots.txt and functions.php, as well deactivated Yoast SEO, but the error remains, URL is still showing http://mysite.com/http:/mysite.com/blog/categories/travel-fun/, but this happens to category pages only, all other pages are fine, is there any other solution that you can think of to resolve this? Thanks!! 🙁

Laura

Hello, can you share admin and ftp credentials so i can take a look? 🙂

Gandam
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Gandam
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, please check out the attachment, you will understand 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Gandam
    Participant

@Laura, Thank you so much! It was a simple mistake but still require your profession to figure out!! Again, great support in deed!! 🙂

Laura

Hello, it was a pleasure to help you 🙂 Don’t forget to rate us 5 stars and leave a nice comment 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?