This topic has 12 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years by Abe.

• Author

Tagged: , , ,

harryshapes
    Participant

Hi..

When I go into users and profile fields via WordPress I have set 4 tabs with sub profile tabs.

However for 2 of the tabs when a user tries to edit their profile when logged in.. The Primary Base tab and looking for tab fields are duplicated???

I made a dummy profile to see if this is the case but when I sign up it shows the fields once in the Base tab. It’s only when a member tries to edit their profile fields when signed in the fields in some tabs are duplicated?? Please help as members are wanting this resolved 🙁

P.s

I tried add the code for displaying your profile tabs in the blue section next to your profile picture however when I did it showed all fields within all tabs duplicated :s

If I supply my login details could you please provide me with the correct code to have when adding to my functions.php

Look forward on hearing back from you

harryshapes
    Participant

when I add the following code to my editor – functions.php it all duplcates when trying to edit.. maybe the code is wrong :s

but regardless my Base profile when I try to edit is duplicated as shown in the attached??

function.php code:

//my changes to profile tabs
    add_action(‘after_setup_theme’,’kleo_my_custom_tabs’);
    function kleo_my_custom_tabs()
    {
    global $bp_tabs;
    $bp_tabs = array();

$bp_tabs[‘Profile’] = array(
    ‘type’ => ‘regular’,
    ‘name’ => __(‘My Profile’, ‘kleo_framework’),
    ‘group’ => ‘Profile’,
    ‘class’ => ‘regulartab’
    );

$bp_tabs[‘Personal-Info’] = array(
    ‘type’ => ‘regular’,
    ‘name’ => __(‘Personal Info’, ‘kleo_framework’),
    ‘group’ => ‘Personal Info’,
    ‘class’ => ‘regulartab’
    );

$bp_tabs[‘About-me’] = array(
    ‘type’ => ‘regular’,
    ‘name’ => __(‘About me’, ‘kleo_framework’),
    ‘group’ => ‘About me’,
    ‘class’ => ‘regulartab’
    );

$bp_tabs[‘Looking-for..’] = array(
    ‘type’ => ‘regular’,
    ‘name’ => __(‘looking for..’, ‘kleo_framework’),
    ‘group’ => ‘Looking for..’,
    ‘class’ => ‘regulartab’
    );

}

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     harryshapes
    Participant

Also the default title for the primary Base tab is next to my member profile pic is ‘about me’

How do I change this to say ‘profile’? And aappear as profile tab next to my profile p picture

Thanks

Abe
    Keymaster

The code provided should not cause this. Please disable your added plugins and some other code added.
    To change the tab name do it from Users – Profile fields. And then change it in the code to show it next to profile image by changing the group attribute

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

harryshapes
    Participant

I don’t haven’t other code.

The plugging which I use is

Bbpress
    BP profile message ux
    BP you are.blocked
    Buddypress
    Contact form 7
    Event booking pro
    Hide admits bar.from non admits
    Paid membership pro
    Pmprp Bbpress
    Revolution slider
    Rt media for WordPress
    WordPress importer

In terms of changing the code for the primary tab.Base.. Where would I edit this code?

Sorry I am a novice but learning 🙂

harryshapes
    Participant

I added the code but just for the Base tab to.show.which I changed to my profile

Since changing the.user.field to my profile and also reflecting that in my code mywho website.has.stopped working and sshowing the http500 error :s

Please help

harryshapes
    Participant

ftp and changed my functions.php to how it was when downloaded. no extra code added in there.

could you please advise what the cause could be. as the only duplication is showing in the base tab and not the other ones in which I have created.

My requests are:

1. change name of base tab from Base to My Profile.

2. when the tab is named base and fields filled out the tab in the profile is then called about me. I would like this tab title to reflect as My Profile.

3. when a user tries to edit their profile the primary tab is duplicated as shown in my first attachment. Users are complaining that there is a duplication – how can this be resolved?

4. If I was to have all tabs which I create for users to fill out what code is needed to have them all showing in a members profile. The above code I used works but when a member tries to edit their profile all fields are duplicated???

Thank you in advance.

harryshapes
    Participant

Primarily below are the things I would like but can’t get working.

1. Have my Base tab appear as ‘My Profile’ next to my members profile picture as well as when a member edits their profile

2. Have 3 of my other profile tab fields appear next to my members profile so the tabs should be in the blue section

My Profile – About me – Looking for – My photos (which should.be the Rt media)

3. When members edit their profile no duplications are shown.

These are the only things needed for it to be right.

Appreciate you looking at this for me also if you need my wp details login please let me know.

I look forward to your reply

Thanks

Abe
    Keymaster

I think we already did this process in another post of your in the past. What happened with the code??

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Abe
    Keymaster

And please do not create duplicated topics 🙁 please

---

Abe
    Keymaster

So this is the topic to follow if you want to change the profile groups that show to the right of the image: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/how-to-add-more-tabs-next-to-the-profile-image

We already gave you this in another topic but creating so many with duplicate content will just end up loosing track

COPY CODE

add_action('after_setup_theme','kleo_my_custom_tabs');
    function kleo_my_custom_tabs()
    {
        global $bp_tabs;
        $bp_tabs = array();
        $bp_tabs[] = array(
                'type' => 'regular',
                'name' => __('My Profile', 'kleo_framework'),
                'group' => 'Base',
                'class' => 'regulartab'
        );
         $bp_tabs[] = array(
                'type' => 'regular',
                'name' => __('About me', 'kleo_framework'),
                'group' => 'About me',
                'class' => 'regulartab'
        );
         $bp_tabs[] = array(
                'type' => 'regular',
                'name' => __('Looking for', 'kleo_framework'),
                'group' => 'Looking for',
                'class' => 'regulartab'
        );

$bp_tabs['rtmedia'] = array(
                    'type' => 'rt_media',
                    'name' => __('My photos', 'kleo_framework'),
                    'class' => 'mySlider'
            );

}

---

harryshapes
    Participant

Apologies.. I didn’t hear back before for over 48 hours and was a little worried I got missed.. so went a bit ott on this one.. but I have tested this, flushed it.. and working like a dream.. Abe you are the Man!!

after the kinks being ironed out.. I can actually say this is the best theme I have worked with yet.. thanks so much!!! case closed 😀

Abe
    Keymaster

Thanks. Glad it is all good now 😉

---

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘User fields tabs – duplicating’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?