This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     Lifevise
    Participant

The @username handle disappeared from the member’s profile header.
    How to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Lifevise
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Lifevise
    Participant
     sharmstr

Because you turned off Activity in BP. That section displays their mention name which, in the BP developers minds, doesnt make any sense to show it if no one can use it AND will throw an error since mentions are disabled when you disable activity. It makes sense from their perspective because they didnt anticipate themes which allow you to hide the page title which shows the username. In any case, copy /kleo/buddypress/members/single/member-header.php (if you’re using the profile cover plugin) or /kleo/buddypress/members/single/cover-image-header.php (if you’re not using the plugin) to your child theme and add this line before the bp_is_active call

COPY CODE

<h4 class="user-nicename"><?php echo bp_core_get_username( bp_displayed_user_id() ); ?></h4><br>

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Lifevise
    Participant

Thank you for your clear suggestion. As I’m using the cover photo plugin (by seventhqueen) I made the changes exactly like you explained. Unfortunately it doesn’t have any effect. Can you take one more look?

sharmstr

I know it works since I’m doing the exact same thing on two sites. Did you copy it to your child theme correctly? Did you clear your cache and purge your cdn if you have those in place?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Lifevise
    Participant

Yes, I triple checked. Can you please take a quick look? a few messages up I left login credentials.

sharmstr

I need cpanel or ftp credentials

Lifevise
    Participant
     sharmstr

You didnt stick the page in the correct directory. You missed /single. I assumed that’s what happened and why I asked if you copied it to your child theme correctly.

Lifevise
    Participant

Okay… Why didn’t you make the /single directory? I now have added the /single directory and it’s still not working… So what’s the problem?

sharmstr

You moved the member-header.php file which is correct if you have the BP Profile Cover plugin setting enabled in BP, which you did not.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?