This topic has 20 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     sharmstr

Anyhow have any suggestions for plugins that will do realtime checking and validation of usernames and passwords?

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

*Anyone (not anyhow)

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Splendor
    Participant

I’m looking for that to.. haven’t find anything yet..

sharmstr

I found one that works pretty well for the backend. If no one can suggest anything better, I’ll make it work on the frontend.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

sharmstr

Okay. I’m using a modified version of Live username availability checking: https://wordpress.org/plugins/live-username-availability-checking/

That plugin only works in wp admin. I’ve attached my version to make it work on the font end.

NOTE: I’m using a heavily customized register page. Some of the modifications for styling might not work for you. You can easily edit those on lines 17, 19 and 21.

If this doesnt work for your install, I’m sorry. It works for mine and that’s all I can focus on right now.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Splendor
    Participant

I’ll check this out, thanks @sharmstr. Funny, I was checking this out for about 10 min ago, I just ooh no, that too.. also looking how to solve the registration page, it looks awful especially when you have Buddypress Xprofile Custom Fields Type. It gets enormous.

sharmstr

If you dont want it to be enormous, don’t ask them so many damn questions 🙂

I just saw that Buddypress 2.1 will add a password strength meter.

Splendor
    Participant

I think I have to add another tab, that solves the problem hehe.. Nice, when do they release 2.1?

sharmstr

Yeah, I have several tabs. But only ‘really needed’ info on the base tab. Then I’ll redirect users to the other tabs on first login after sign up. (dont ask me how, because I dont know yet.)

According to the track its 2 weeks late. https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/milestone/2.1

– New @mentions interface: type a @ when leaving a status update or commenting on an activity item or blog post, and the new suggestions panel will open.

– Set better passwords with the password strength meter on the registration and user settings pages When a user attempts to change their email address, the new address requires email verification before the change is applied

– New “URL” XProfile field type

– Continued performance enhancements, particularly on the Members and Groups directories.

– Higher quality translations (automatically fetched by WordPress), courtesy of BP translation volunteers

Splendor
    Participant

Good idea by the way.. It’s looking good for Buddypress after 2.0, I like that they thinking a lot in performance and user experience.

karifi
    Participant

How do you implement this plugin

sharmstr

I explained how here https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/username-password-realtime-validation#post-28182

Splendor
    Participant

@sharmstr, I’m going to start with this. Do I need the plugin or do I only need your custom code? I suppose I may need both yes?

sharmstr

Yes. You need the plugin.

Splendor
    Participant

Thank you @sharmstr

Splendor
    Participant

by the way @sharmstr , it feels a little slow when searching for username.. is it for you too?

Splendor
    Participant

Also, I’ve seen a problem, I don’t know if it’s the same for you. Sorry, that username already exists! is still there if you start typing a new username after you have typed an username that is taken. And it’s looking for the images, invalid, valid, the gif in the child theme. But thats all.. It seems to work anyway.

sharmstr

Yes. Sometimes is a bit slow

As mentioned when I posted this…

NOTE: I’m using a heavily customized register page. Some of the modifications for styling might not work for you. You can easily edit those on lines 17, 19 and 21.

Splendor
    Participant

Yes, no problem @sharmstr. I was only saying about what I found out after testing.

Splendor
    Participant

Hi @sharmstr, I found another plugin for this http://buddydev.com/plugins/bpdev-username-availability-checker/ But I haven’t tested it.. have you?

sharmstr

No. I haven’t.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?