This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Laura.

• Author
     sugrantech
    Participant

There are lots of fake accounts on my community website. Users are loging in without clicking activativation link in email. How can I restrict them? I want users to login only after activation of their account. Is it possible?

Laura

Hello, do you have the plugin BP Disable Activation reloaded?
    If no, that means that your users do click the activation link.
    To disable spam registrations, try with ithemes seurity plugin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

sugrantech
    Participant

I am really disappointed with theme. There is too much fake traffic on my website and your theme doesn’t have enough security features. my server is hanging. people want to login with their emails but system forces them to use their usernames, they usually forgot usernames and complain to me. I am looking for solutions what should I do?

Laura

Hello, first of all, the theme doesnt drive traffic to your website. The theme is a theme as the name says, not a plugin of security, you need to add plugins. The theme gives STYLE to the site, doesnt drive traffic or secure your website. The theme is not buddypress, what forces users to use their username is BUDDYPRESS, the plugin, not the theme, we make buddypress pretty, we didnt create buddypress.

What i can suggest is to put a seurity theme like ithemes security, take a look at your traffic and where its coming from, and try to find a plugin that lets buddypress login by mail.

We can support you on theme related issues, i dont know why are you disappointed with the theme as your issues are not relate to it

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

truebuddah
    Participant

Similar problem except
    1.my users never get the email and when I add a plug in to make sure they are sent the website crashes 2.the contact form plugin that came with the theme brings up an error whenever I try and save changes
    3. Trying to figure a way for users to suggest friends to friends
    Love the theme but everything I need to add for added functions (plugins) crashes the site even Jetpack

Laura

Hello @truebuddah can you open a new topic and provide admin credentials so we can check it out? 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?