This topic has 14 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Radu.

• Author
     infodale
    Participant

Hi!
    The results of my user searches show me (attached screenshot) boxes with a very small image of the user, how can I make it show me bigger images of the person? I have tried to modify it through CSS styles but I do not get what I want.
    Thanks for your help,

Aurelio.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Sorry to hear you’re having an issue with the avatar size. I cannot see your members page without being logged in and therefore cannot assess the issue. Please can you update this ticket, in a private reply, with admin credentials for your site so I can assist you with this.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

infodale
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

The account you provided doesn’t appear to be an admin account as I cannot access /wp-admin/. As I cannot access the back-end please can you carry out the below test and let me know the outcome.

– Disable JetPack lazy image loading
    – Clear all caches on server and WordPress
    – Visit members page and purge browser cache (Ctrl+F5)

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

infodale
    Participant
     Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Please check this support article on how to change the avatar image size https://archived.seventhqueen.com/general/article/increase-profile-profile-image-size-increase-avatar-size-buddypress.

For the avatar you have highlighted you should use the below code

COPY CODE
    if ( !defined( 'BP_AVATAR_THUMB_WIDTH' ) )
    define( 'BP_AVATAR_THUMB_WIDTH', 120 ); //change this with your desired thumb width

if ( !defined( 'BP_AVATAR_THUMB_HEIGHT' ) )
    define( 'BP_AVATAR_THUMB_HEIGHT', 120 ); //change this with your desired thumb height

120 represents 120px, change the two 120 values to an equal number of your choosing. This snippet should be added to your KLEO Child theme’s functions.php file.

Thanks,

Kieran

infodale
    Participant
     infodale
    Participant
     Kieran_SQ

Hi Aurelio,

I’ll assign this ticket to a higher level of support for review. They’ll be in touch with you as soon as they can, Monday to Friday, East European Time.

Thanks,

Kieran

infodale
    Participant
     Radu

Hi,

I think you should re-generate the photos using a plugin like this one https://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/

Also i think you should specify also the BP_AVATAR_FULL_HEIGHT and BP_AVATAR_FULL_WIDTH : https://codex.buddypress.org/getting-started/customizing/changing-internal-configuration-settings/

Also after that our theme wraps the avatar to certain sizes and for example for directory the avatar size can be increased using the next css snippet

COPY CODE

#buddypress #friend-list li div.item-avatar, #buddypress #member-list li div.item-avatar, #buddypress #members-list li div.item-avatar {
        width:150px;
        height:150px;
    }

Also it may interfere with your current custom css, making the avatars non-centered, remove your custom css for that.

Let me know
    Cheers
    R

infodale
    Participant
     Radu

Hi,

I think it’s related to the allowable avatar size in kb

add also this to bp-custom.php or in wp-config.php

//1 MB file

COPY CODE

define( 'BP_AVATAR_ORIGINAL_MAX_FILESIZE', 10 * 1024 )

or

COPY CODE

add_filter( 'bp_core_avatar_original_max_filesize', function() {
        return 5120000; // 5mb
    } );

https://codex.buddypress.org/getting-started/customizing/changing-internal-configuration-settings/

https://www.google.com/search?q=BP_AVATAR_ORIGINAL_MAX_FILESIZE

Cheers
    R

infodale
    Participant
     Radu

Hi,

There should be the resize avatar step but for some reason the photo isn’t there or it’s very very small, in general this kind of issues are caused by some custom css from child theme or by some template of buddy-press overwritten in the child theme. so i recommend you to disable child theme by activating parent and all plugins except buddypress and the css modifications if you had place them in other place then style.css from child theme.

Make sure you have theme updated.

Let me know
    Cheers
    R

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?