This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Radu.

• Author
     LeonGeb
    Participant

Dear all,

I would like to use a different membership and therefor profile plugin. Is it possible to have the matching feature be remapped to other than buddypress?

Best regards,
    Leonido

Radu

Hi,

Without additional coding no.

Cheers
    R

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     LeonGeb
    Participant

Hi Radu,

Please send me a quote and also the information if the code itself is supported after updates from wordpress, the theme and the plugin itself without any further costs.

Best regards,
    Leonido

LeonGeb
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Radu

Hi,

Not sure if we can done that need because it will require significant time and we don’t have this at this moment.

From technical point of view the only way that this will work in our theme it’s to sync all BP fields to UM and vice versa and when a change a value to be the same on both plugins.

I recommend you to ask the UM team if they had a similar plugin .

Looked at their addon page to see if it’s any type of integration with buddypress but i cannot find it.

https://ultimatemember.com/extensions/

Cheers
    R

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     LeonGeb
    Participant

Hi Radu,

Thank you. I asked the devs from UM already and they said that they currently don’t have such functions.
    I am aware of the extensions but none of them helps in this case. Also, I don’t think that it is a good Idea to have it developed by UMs team since the mapping is kinda your deal so you would know better what to do without messing up the theme.

The idea to map UM fields to BP fields is a good starting point. As far as I know at least the member-levels can be mapped with UM. But this means I have to keep BP Plugin installed or active.

Will I be able to map the profile pages to the UM Profile pages instead of BP-Pages? The idea is to completely switch to UM but still using your theme. Is the theme useable without BP? Or will it break?

best regards,
    Leonido

LeonGeb
    Participant

Ad:
    Is the mapping for the matching a BP-thing or a theme-thing? I used BP sometimes but I never saw a matching criteria before.

Radu

Hi,

I understand perfectly what you need, to use UM instead BP and to use the profiles matching feature, so how ive told you that implies some advanced code change and code logic concept where requires time for developing and also for testing another thing to take into cosinderation it’s the future updates of both plugins , the change should be supported by the coder for all next updates and possible issues with that.

Mapping UM <-> BP fileds it’s non theme thing, so if those will be sync, our theme simply sees the buddypress fileds in theme options, Our theme can be used without buddypress also. The matching feature was builded using buddypress plugin from the begining.

Cheers
    R

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?