This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Radu.

• Author
     ChefsConnection
    Participant

Hello!

After having trouble getting Kleo’s default breadcrumbs to accept a custom post type (WP Video Robot) – I’ve started to think that I need to use Yoast breadcrumbs.  For some reason Kleo’s breadcrumbs will not show the category for the custom post type made by the Video Robot plugin. However, Yoast breadcrumbs WILL show the category.  I just need a little bit of help displaying the Yoast breadcrumbs in the right place.

I’ve followed the steps in this thread:  https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/breadcrumb-yoast

But when I add the code at the end of general-header-section.php , the breadcrumbs don’t show up in the right place.  (See screenshot #1)    I verified that I put the code in the right place, just before the final <div>.

I found that placing the code at the end of general-title-section.php (without the <?php ?> tags) gives better results.  The breadcrumbs are at least aligned properly, but I know that this is not the correct method.  (See screenshot #2)

So how do I do this?  My desired result is for the Yoast breadcrumb to appear inside of the shaded bar and just beneath the title, like the default Kleo breadcrumbs.  Where do I need to place the code snippet in order to make that happen?

Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     ChefsConnection
    Participant

Correction: I meant to write not

ChefsConnection
    Participant

</div> not <div>

lol

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Radu

Hi,

Just replace this file content: /wp-content/themes/kleo/kleo-framework/lib/function-breadcrumb.php

with the content of this one: https://pastebin.com/raw/f37jtEgZ

That’s all it will appear in the same place like KLEO default ones.

To can use YOAST SEO Breadcrumbs just enable the yoast breadcrumbs from -> SEO → Advanced → Breadcrumbs and enable the breadcrumbs.

This also we will be included in our next theme update

Cheers
    R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     ChefsConnection
    Participant

It works! Thanks Radu and Laura, you’re the best!

Radu

Hi,

Great!!!

Have a nice week

Please give us 5* on themeforest, please !!

Cheers
    R

ChefsConnection
    Participant

You got it. 🙂

Radu

Hi,

Thank you,

Have a nice weekend

Best Regards
    Radu

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?