This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by mitchcan.

• Author
     mitchcan
    Participant

With WP 4.3 / Kleo 3.0.8 / VC 4.7 in place, and K Elements updated also, on pages I use VC on, while able to add elements, I can not edit any new or existing element. I click the edit pencil and nothing happens.

I deactivated all other plugins and the issue remained. I changed the theme to 2015, and lots of stuff was messed up, so I didn’t dig deeper there.

Bottom line, I reverted back to VC 4.6.1 and this issue goes away. I click the edit pencil and the VC content box pops up and I can make mods.

Seems to be a VC issue? Since it is bundled with Kleo, if that is indeed the issue I thought you might have better luck getting it resolved.

Thanks.

sharmstr

Works fine on my sites. Look for a plugin conflict, exhausted memory, custom code in your child theme and/or purge your cache/cdn.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

mitchcan
    Participant

Hmmm. Strange. I did deactivate all other plugins. I am not getting any memory error. And I have purged the CDN.

I have 4.7 on my production site, and 4.6.1 on my sandbox.

4.6.1 fine. 4.7 no joy.

The plugin configuration is the same (e.g. all but VC inactive on that page), and I just went through the functions.php for each and they are the same.

Finally, I just reverted the production site back to 4.6.1 with the same exact plugin structure as was in place with 4.7, and it works fine.

Color me befuddled.

sharmstr

did you purge the cdn after disabling all plugins? did you try with the kleo parent enabled?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

mitchcan
    Participant

Hmmm. Didn’t try with Kleo parent. Just did 2015. I’ll try that too.

It was just so strange that the minute I went from 4.7 back to 4.61 on the same site with NO (as in nada, zip, zilch) 🙂 other changes but that, that it worked again.

Back at it…

Thanks for the ideas.

mitchcan
    Participant

By the way, an upgrade to VC 4.7.1.1 resolved this issue. I had purchased a copy of VC long before I bought Kleo, so I upgraded that license.

See I wasn’t *completely* crazy. 🙂

Thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?