This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years by bananalust.

• Author
     bananalust
    Participant

Hi – I have tried uploading photos for user profiles on my sweetdate wordpress install at bananalust.com and the quality of the photo displayed on the site is just really terrible (very low quality. Where can I find the settings for photo upload – how can I control and improve the photos on the user profiles. Thanks!

JohnDoe
    Participant

Any chance i could know how you made your nav ? i absolutely love it!

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi, Make sure you have this file: wp-content/plugins/bp-custom.php
    If not, create it with this content:

COPY CODE

if ( !defined( 'BP_AVATAR_THUMB_WIDTH' ) )
    define( 'BP_AVATAR_THUMB_WIDTH', 120 ); //change this with your desired thumb width

if ( !defined( 'BP_AVATAR_THUMB_HEIGHT' ) )
    define( 'BP_AVATAR_THUMB_HEIGHT', 120 ); //change this with your desired thumb height

if ( !defined( 'BP_AVATAR_FULL_WIDTH' ) )
    define( 'BP_AVATAR_FULL_WIDTH', 580 ); 

if ( !defined( 'BP_AVATAR_FULL_HEIGHT' ) )
    define( 'BP_AVATAR_FULL_HEIGHT', 580 ); //change this to default height for full avatar

Normally the theme adds it when you install it

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     bananalust
    Participant

Hi JohnDoe – Thanks! That is the Uber Menu that I bought at codecanyon.
    http://wpmegamenu.com/
    It is easy to install – if you need a hand let me know
    Best,
    Leah

bananalust
    Participant

Did you want me to put that in the plugins folder????? or the plugins/buddypress folder? Thanks

bananalust
    Participant

So I did see that the file bp-custom.php had been automatically installed in my wp-content/plugins/bp-custom.php

When I opened it it contained the following code – so I see here that the user images were being set to 35px which is much too small

<?php
    if ( !defined( ‘BP_AVATAR_THUMB_WIDTH’ ) )
    define( ‘BP_AVATAR_THUMB_WIDTH’, 35 ); //change this with your desired thumb width

if ( !defined( ‘BP_AVATAR_THUMB_HEIGHT’ ) )
    define( ‘BP_AVATAR_THUMB_HEIGHT’, 35 ); //change this with your desired thumb height
    ?>

As 7th Queen suggested I replaced the code in that file with the following – now my user photos are nice and crisp

<?php
    if ( !defined( ‘BP_AVATAR_THUMB_WIDTH’ ) )
    define( ‘BP_AVATAR_THUMB_WIDTH’, 120 ); //change this with your desired thumb width

if ( !defined( ‘BP_AVATAR_THUMB_HEIGHT’ ) )
    define( ‘BP_AVATAR_THUMB_HEIGHT’, 120 ); //change this with your desired thumb height

if ( !defined( ‘BP_AVATAR_FULL_WIDTH’ ) )
    define( ‘BP_AVATAR_FULL_WIDTH’, 580 );

if ( !defined( ‘BP_AVATAR_FULL_HEIGHT’ ) )
    define( ‘BP_AVATAR_FULL_HEIGHT’, 580 ); //change this to default height for full avatar
    ?>

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?