This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Kieran_SQ.

• Author
     libertbook
    Participant

Hello, I’m looking for a plugin for a video chat. That is to say that the members of my site can do face to face but also I would like that they can go online in a room to get video with several Internet users. can you help me thank you

Kieran_SQ

Hi @libertbook,

This is not a support topic so we won’t be able to support you on this. But to give you an insight into what you will need please see below:

Media server

You will need dedicated hosting, your own IP address, a lot of server resources and SSH access. You can use Red5, Wowza or Adobe Media Server. Some are free and some are not, likewise some are good and some are not so good. If this is outside of your budget or technical skills you could opt for a service like CometChat who offer peer to peer video chat, this reduces the need for extensive resources but it is limited to the users ability to stream and receive video and costly.

Software

There are many many options out there that may be suitable for your needs. All of which will need your own extensive review to see if their offerings meet your requirements. Previously I have used 123flashchat for a community, it was okay. You should also be aware most software like this is usually at least USD $1000+.

Hope this helps,

Kieran.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?