This topic has 22 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     Vanessa
    Participant

Hi there,
    I recently upgraded to Visual Composer 4.7.4.
    When I try to edit a post (either on the front end or backend) it does not work. The back end will try to load the visual composer editor, and then just show a blank screen with nothing.
    The front end will stay stuck in the loading state forever.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling 4.7.4 a few times, both via the plugins settings and via adding/removing a folder over sftp.

In desperation I installed the older 4.7.1 and VIOLA everything is working again.
    I’m not sure if it’s a problem with Kleo, or Visual Composer, but 4.7.4 does not work, and I’d love to get it working, especially given the recent security issues detected in older versions.

Please help!

mdin79
    Participant

Hi there,

me too, have the same problem, after installing VC 4.7.4 as envato recommended (still working offline with bitnami) my page seems to have disappeared… Could need some help here…

Thanks!

mdin79
    Participant

Hi Vanessa,

The Theme – Update already updated to Visual Composer 4.7.4
    Now I had not yet updated kleo to 3.0.10 so you only have to update kleo and not VC. Then check if VC has been uodated to 4.7.4 (which in my case happend).

sharmstr

@vanessa What version of Kleo do you have installed? Have you tried enabling debugging to see what’s causing the white screen? https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG Make sure you set define( ‘WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY’, true );

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Vanessa
    Participant

I’ve got 3.0.09 of Kleo.
    I’ve entered my theme forest code into the theme update section, but it doesn’t update. Is there something else I need to do to get it to update?
    I’d rather not delete the theme or futz with ftp.

Vanessa
    Participant

Ok, I figured out how to update to 3.0.10. I’m now on 3.0.10 and visual composer 4.7.4
    Adding debug info gives me this error when I view a post in the editor:

Notice: bbp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly. The current user is being initialized without using $wp->init(). Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 2.3.) in /home/cross/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3622

Notice: bp_setup_current_user was called incorrectly. The current user is being initialized without using $wp->init(). Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 1.7.) in /home/cross/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3622

Notice: has_cap was called with an argument that is deprecated since version 2.0! Usage of user levels by plugins and themes is deprecated. Use roles and capabilities instead. in /home/cross/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3570

sharmstr

What themeforest code? People get confused as to which code that is. It needs to be the API key that you set up in your themeforest account.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

Those warnings are fine. Respond privately with a link and credentials.

Vanessa
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

Your site is throwing jquery errors. A few things to check

1 – Disable plugins to look for a plugin conflict.

2 – You have caching enabled. Did you clear your cache after updating? According to the notice in WP Admin, you didnt.

Vanessa
    Participant

Hey,
    Where can I see these jquery errors that are being thrown?
    I cleared both zencache and purged max cdn cache and tried again with the same result. Is there another cache I should clear?

Visual Composer 4.7.1 works perfectly. The only change is that updating to 4.7.4 causes this error.

sharmstr

In the chrome developer console. Again, look for plugin conflicts.

Vanessa
    Participant

I deactivated all plugins except for Visual Composer and it still does the same thing.
    I also reset all Kleo settings to the default to see if that was contributing, and I still get the same issues.

I downgraded to 4.7.1 and it works (but with the security issues).

The jquery errors also disappear on 4.7.1. This is directly related to the visual composer 4.7.4 update of visual composer.

How can I get 4.7.4 visual composer working?
    I do not have a license key for it, so am unable to request support on their forums.

sharmstr

reassign admin rights please.

Vanessa
    Participant

Hi, I’ve reassigned admin rights to user kleoadmin, please take a look.
    I updated to Visual Composer 4.8 and it is still doing the same thing – editor doesn’t open anything and just shows an empty box.

I’m on Kleo 3.1.

sharmstr

Hi Vanessa,

I’m able to edit a page using the front end and backend VC editor without any issues.

Vanessa
    Participant

I tried it in both Chrome and Firefox on the Mac, and I can’t get it to work.
    When I try to edit an element I get something like the attached. You see the text box settings is blank, and there is no way to edit the text.

Are you actually able to edit the contents of an element?
    I’ve tried to with many different element types, from text block to others.
    I’ve also tried it in an incognito window, and I’ve tried it with different admin users. All get the same result.

Attachments:
     sharmstr

Yes. I just did. Have a look at the first draft in the list.

Vanessa
    Participant

Hmm, I don’t see anything in that page – it’s just empty when I go to the editor (backend/frontend or classic)
    Can you send me a screenshot of what you see on your screen, and your OS/Browser?

I’m quite mystified now.

sharmstr

both windows (chrome) and my ipad (safari)

Attachments:
     Vanessa
    Participant

I’m at a loss.
    I’ve tried it on two different Macs, Safari, Chrome, Firefox. On iPad with Chrome and Safari and in incognito windows. I’ve also tried killing all the Chrome helper processes and closing every other app on the computer.

I’ve also tried purging local and CDN cache.

Do you have any ideas what else I could try?

I’m going to try rebooting and purging caches again, but I’m not super optimistic 🙁

Vanessa
    Participant

Solved!!
    Thank you for your help! This has been tremendously frustrating.

I believe this is what solved it:
    1. Purge Max CDN cache
    2. Reboot machine

I also set Cloudflare to development mode.

Then I reloaded the editor and tried again, and it works.

My hypothesis is that there was a mismatch of resource versions, and an out of date js was being loaded from the CDN. I also believe that the browser/OS behavior is such that just purging the Max CDN cache and reloading the browser DID NOT cause the browser to try and download the resources again. Perhaps in the same way that DNS resolutions are cached system wide, static resources are cached more durably than a browser session.

This would also explain the behavior I was seeing, when I updated, couldn’t get it to work, then downgraded everything would work again – it was loading the old, now compatible js version when I downgraded.

Thanks for your help!

I hope noone else has to encounter this, but if they do you can ask them to:
    1. Clear CDN cache (e.g. Max CDN)
    2. Clear local cache (e.g. ZenCache)
    3. Set Cloudflare to development mode (this didn’t seem to have an effect, but get the caches out the way will help)
    4. REBOOT (counterintuitive, an incognito session is not sufficient, nor is restarting the browser)
    5. Reload the editor and viola!

sharmstr

That’s the second thing I suggested 🙂 Glad it finally works for you.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?