This topic has 21 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Abe.

• Author
     Kieran
    Participant

Hi,

(I currently do not have a web facing domain to show this not working, but it should be very easy to recreate)

When using the BuddyPress > Activity Page element in Visual Composer the @mention interface does not work, I presume it has not been called?

Using this element is important to me as I plan to tab the main page with various functions under each, obviously the @mention interface is an important feature of BuddyPress so I would appreciate, when possible, a fix for this.

Thanks in advance.

Kieran.

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Kieran
    Participant

Hi @Laura,

Any news/updates from the higher support level?

Thanks in advance for your response,

Kieran.

Radu

Hi Kieran

Sorry for the late reply..Do you have theme and plugins to latest versions ?

You can check also the plugin update status from wp-admin -> appearance -> install plugins.

Let me know

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Kieran
    Participant

Hi @Radu,

I am currently running WordPress, BuddyPress, K Elements, Visual Composer and the Kleo Child theme – everything is up to date.

I get the same issue whether or not I am running a local install, web install and with or without additional plugins.

From your end you should be able to create a new page, use the back-end editor for VC add the BuddyPress Activity Page element, publish and view to get this issue to appear. Using this element you cannot @mention any user in the update box.

Radu

Hi,

I see,i’ve tested on my local install and it do the same, i’ve added this on bug list and we will let you know when we fix this

Cheers

Radu

Kieran
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me @Radu. I look forward to a fix 🙂

Radu

Hi,

Please try to update theme to 4.0.6 and then update the bundled plugins from wp-admin -> appearance -install plugins

Give a try, it was some strange issues between WP4.5 and Visual Composer

Let me know

Cheers
    R

Kieran
    Participant

Hi Radu,

I have updated the theme and I am currently running

WordPress 4.5
    BuddyPress 2.5.2
    Kleo 4.0.6
    Visual Composer 4.11.2.1
    K Elements 4.0.5.1

I purged the website cache, disabled CloudFlare and cleared my local cache and the issue persists when using Visual Composer to insert the BuddyPress Activity Page element.

Radu

Ok,

I’ve tested on my local install with all updates and i confirm, there is some problems with the mentioning user. I’ve added this on the buglist and on a future update this will be fixed

Cheers
    R.

Kieran
    Participant

This ticket keeps marking itself as resolved, the issue is still present in the latest update.

Radu

Hi,

I’ve followed up this on buglist and most probably this will be fixed in next update, but until we release the update we will provide to you files to replace when we fix it.

Thank you for understanding

Cheers
    R.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, have you tested it with the default WP theme since I don’t think is related to our theme?

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Kieran
    Participant

Hi @Abe @Radu and @Laura

The visual element of @ mentions still isn’t working when using the VC element.

I have been looking into this again, I have found the following using the current WordPress, BuddyPress, KElements and Visual Composer:

– Backend Editor > Add Element > BuddyPress > Activity Page does not work under Kleo (latest), Twenty Sixteen or Twenty Fifteen with @ mentions
    – I contacted Visual Composer and they stated that it is a theme built function (Kleo)
    – I have run this on a test server as well as a local install and found the same to be true
    – @ mentions do still work natively on the actual activity page (as is, out of the box, with BuddyPress)
    – I have done all of the usual with regards to finding issues such as disabling all plugins, clearing cache, clearing browser cache and logging in/out

Kieran.

Radu

Hi Kieran, please tell us if that behaviour it’s happens also on default WordPress theme!

Let us know

Cheers
    R.

Kieran
    Participant

Hi @Radu

As above I have tested this with Twenty Fifteen and Twenty Sixteen. Further I also tested Twenty Fourteen this morning and found the above to still be true. The VC element ‘Activity Page’ is not working with @ mentions.

Radu

Ok thank you for your feedback and details

We will have this already on the improvement list and we will let you know when we implement that

Cheers
    R.

Kieran
    Participant

Thanks very much @Radu 🙂

Radu

You’re welcome

Cheers
    R.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi there, you need to add this code to your child theme functions in order to enable it for other pages and also change the page permalink in the code with your name

COPY CODE

add_filter( 'bp_activity_maybe_load_mentions_scripts', 'sq_enable_mention_autosuggestions', 10, 2 );

function sq_enable_mention_autosuggestions( $load, $mentions_enabled ) {

if( ! $mentions_enabled ) {
    		return $load;//activity mention is  not enabled, so no need to bother
    	}
    	//modify this condition to suit yours
    	if( is_user_logged_in() && is_page('my-activity-page') ) {
    		$load = true;
    	}

return $load;
    }

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Kieran
    Participant

Hey @Abe,

Worked like a charm! thank you very much for looking into this 🙂

Kieran.

Abe
    Keymaster

YAY. Glad to hear it worked

---

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?