This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by mitchcan.

• Author
     mitchcan
    Participant

OK, since Kleo doesn’t have the category filter option like VC, I have to use VC for the posts layout I want. So this is a VC question, since it came bundled can I ask it here?

In Post Masonry Grid I want ‘total items’ to pull like 100 posts, but only have say max=20 of them actually display on the page. This way, when I select a category filter, it will pull content to display from more posts than if I had just used 20 as my initial ‘total items’ setting.

How can I limit the number of posts that actually display in the Masonry Grid? (accounting for wanting the higher ‘total items’ to start).

Thanks.

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Andrei

Visual Composer will load all posts in your page source, there is no “lazy load” of the additional posts, even if you filter them by category, they will be all pulled at page load and hidden or displayed by changing each item visibility.

Let me know if I understand correctly and if you need any more help.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     mitchcan
    Participant

wow, I had forgotten about this… it was submitted three weeks ago. You guys must be busy, you’re usually much better at replies than that.

Well, the VC post load is based on a quantity I can put in the widget, so you’re saying that if I choose to pull ALL (1,000+) posts, but filtered by category, I can do so. My concern there would be page load time.

Do you have any intention of adding a category filter option to the Kleo posts widget via VC, like what the default VC masonry widget has for posts?

Thanks.

Andrei

The Kleo Posts VC element already has a build query button in which you can filter posts by certain categories.

Pulling 1000 posts at page load will be a totally wrong approach, because VC will try to load them all at once, not gradual as how theoretical should be. Maybe VC will improve their post pulling system in the future so that the when you hit he Load More button, it will really pull new posts instead of just revealing already loaded posts.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Cheers

mitchcan
    Participant

My mistake, it had been a while since I was working on this… it wasn’t the categories that was missing in the Kleo Posts (query) settings, it was the ability to ‘offset.’

How would we apply an offset to that query structure?

Thanks.

Andrei

Not available for the moment, but I’ll propose this for future updates.

Cheers

mitchcan
    Participant

OK, got it. This is a relatively basic function of most of the ‘recent posts’ plugins we’ve used. I’ll go add it to the Feature Requests page.

Thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?