This topic has 28 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Abe.

• Author
     LSME
    Participant

Hello,

First of all, amazing theme. It is seriously the best we have encountered.

Now to the only issue.

Visual Composer is not respecting the columns in the page builder. It puts the content in columns while editing, but when the page is previewed/updated and visited, the content is as if it was designed in rows instead of columns. I have tried everything from changing the page template form full-width to default to sidebars etc.

I really need the column function to work.

LSME
    Participant

Any update on this?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, Thank you very much.
    Give us access to your site but we haven’t seen this until now. When you add a Row element you have to option to split it in columns when you hover the added Row

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

LSME
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, That issue comes from one of your plugins. We tried to deactivate a few but there are plenty so please deactivate some plugins and see which is causing this

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi LSME, have you sorted out which plugin caused this?

---

expresspubs
    Participant

Hello, we are having two issues:

1- Visual Composer is not respecting the columns in the page builder. It puts the content in columns while editing, but when the page is previewed/updated and visited, the content is as if it was designed in rows instead of columns. We have used visual composer with the same plugins before with other themes and didn’t have that problem, so I think is a bug in Kleo. Any Trick or fix?

2- We will like to know how to set up the regisration page and form to look like the one in the demo. We imported the demo content, but that didn’t give up that kind of registration form.

Thanks!

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi expresspubs,
    1. It should work without problems with other plugins too but try disabling ones that are related to visual composer to see if it is an issue with one of them.
    What WordPress version are you using?

2. That is generated by Buddypress based on the profile fields added in Users – Profile fields – Base group. Make sure your Register page is mapped in Settings – BuddyPress – Pages

Also please watch the video tutorial maybe you will see some other settings that you haven’t done https://archived.seventhqueen.com/video-tutorials

---

expresspubs
    Participant

Yeah. I found out that the registration page was not mapping so is fixed. Maybe you didn’t see that question: Why if I loggin as Admin I see rtmedia “Media”. But when I login as another user, I don’t see the “Media” on my wall? And the system keeps sending the following message so I thought maybe that could be the problem. “Please update rtMedia template files if you have overridden the default rtMedia templates in your theme. If not, you can ignore and hide this notice.”

expresspubs
    Participant

Also, what field in Styling controls the site’s buttons?

Thanks!

Abe
    Keymaster

Try looking in plugin settings, maybe it is something related to privacy.
    For button color there should be the highlight background color but there are different button types you can add that take the color from alternate color

---

expresspubs
    Participant

Thanks for your continual and kind support!

I did check the privacy settings and the media was set on “Login Users” which really should have allowed me to see the “Media” icon on my profile when I login. Also, do you think “BuddyPress Activity Plus” which also enable buddypress users to upload media to their activity stream could be conflicting with rtMedia?

Another question which is really not related to the aforementionned: Which caching plugin would you suggest for Kleo? W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache?

Thanks!

expresspubs
    Participant

Hello. I tried changing the button colors in Theme Options >> Styling Options >> Alternate and apparently is not having any effect on the buttons like the “Main” and “Head” sections are able to change link colors etc..

I was able to make some color changes with the Theme Options >> Styling Option. However I would like to also change the color of some buttons like contact form submit button, post comment submit button…etc.

Thanks!

SQadmin
    Keymaster

Hi, I played around with alternate(gray zone) buttons and color changes quite good. I’ve attached some examples: http://d.pr/i/J4dihttp://d.pr/i/vMUF

For other form controls like buttons they are within a “main-color” class, so their styles are based on that class.

Regards,
    Robert

Abe
    Keymaster

Regarding rtMedia, the Media tab should always be there. Try asking rtmedia team.
    We are using WP super Cache but W3 should be fine too if configured properly

---

expresspubs
    Participant

Ok. Maybe I will try to do it in the child theme Plugins CSS. But for the meantime, can you attache the result of buttons you have changed color for with the Theme Options >> Styling Otptions >> Alternate and post it here. It might also help somebody else. 🙂 I saw the attached image of the color changes but a result button will help, because is not working for me. I hope in one of the coming versions of Kleo you will try to simplify the buttons color changes because is matters a lot in cutomization.

Abe
    Keymaster

About what button you say it is not changing? Put a screenshot maybe it is a special one

---

expresspubs
    Participant

Hello. Not a special one really…

Well if the Styling Options >> Alternate is not working I may do it in the CSS… The thing is, “Main”, “Footer” and other parts of the Styling Optins are working or I can see they are affecting the site’s header, some buddypress icons, and dividers…However, “Alternate” only changes the background of the breadcrumb/ page title below the site’s header.

I mean the primary buttons like form buttons (example contact us form submit button, Forum and buddypress Add Friend buttons… The Theme Options >> Styling Options >>> Alternate so far is only changing the breadcrumbs background color etc…

I really like Kleo and couldn’t resist it’s attraction.:) But like I suggested in my previous post, it would be good to integrate a straight forward buttons and icons color changing options in future versions of Kleo like I see it in other themes.:)

jchamp
    Participant

Hi

Did you every find out which plugin was causing the conflict with the columns? I am still having the same issue??

expresspubs
    Participant

Hi. Sorry I haven’t tried the columns lately. But I guess I told the author this might be a bug in the theme and not a plugin conflict because mine was working just fine with another theme with the same visual composer. Maybe the author is working on a fix. Please contact him to find out.

Abe
    Keymaster

Expresspubs, you should see different sections to style(header, footer, main). Make sure you are doing the changes to the right one.

---

expresspubs
    Participant

Well. As I mentionned earlier, the header, footer and main sections in the Styling Options are working and you can see the change live as you are doing it. However, the “Alternate” section which you stated is used to change buttons colors or style buttons is not working for the buttons. The Alternate section is only changing the color of the breadcrumb area or the main or primary navigation bar.

Abe
    Keymaster

I see what you are saying now. There is a misunderstanding between the Alternate section which right now is assigned to the Breadcrumb section and the Alternate background color and Alternate border color from each section.
    The styling options are split on different sections like Header, Main, Alternate(breadcrumb), Footer and each styling options from that section will apply only to that section. So if you want to change the color to the main body page you change the colors in the Main section, if you want to style something in the footer then you change the colors in that specific section

---

jchamp
    Participant

OK cool, so how do we go about correcting the misunderstanding?

Abe
    Keymaster

I just said in my reply above 🙂 let me know what you don’t understand

---

expresspubs
    Participant

Ok. Thanks for the replies. However, looks like you’re solving our issue…The very color editors you’re referring to are not changing the buttons colors at least for me. But is ok. We will figure it out. We do like the theme (Kleo) but it looks like is very limited on some quick customization features.

Thanks!

Abe
    Keymaster

Point us to a specific button that does not get styled into your page and we will gladly show you a quick css solution

---

jchamp
    Participant

It’s the background image to containers that are not showing up for me

Abe
    Keymaster

For the columns issue if anybody encounters it until next theme version 1.5, please see the fix here:
    https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/visual-composer-standalon-issue-with-kleo-theme/#post-18320

---

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?