This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by 5high-photohub.

• Author
     wennies
    Participant

Hello,

I did a fresh installation of the Kleo theme on a WordPress 3.9.1 site. The visual composer (4.2.3) does not work.

Instead of the necessary toolbar the visual composer is shown as attached.

The installation runs on a local webserver.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, Really strange. If you have any other plugins activated, beside the ones recommended by the theme, try to disable them and check again

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

wennies
    Participant

Hi again.

Deactivating the plugins did not make any difference. I uploaded the site from local webserver to my ‘real’ webserver. The funny thing is: it works on the ‘real’ webserver!!!

The difference between my localhost and the webserver is the php-version. My localhost runs 5.2.17, where the webserver runs 5.3.28

Is there a minimum php version required for Visual Composer???

Regards

Ps. previous versions of VC worked alright on php 5.2.17!!!

Abe
    Keymaster

hi, Visual composer should work with older php versions. It was probably related to some links on your local install

Glad it works fine now.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

5high-photohub
    Participant

Hi,

I’m having a BIG problem with VC producing php errors and causing a random selection of pages to show up blank – only header showing (see eg as attached). When I deactivate VC the code shows (but obviously no styling) and when I reactivate it goes completely blank again. So my site has been down since Monday (3 days) and I have tried re-uploading my backups and using my hosting providers backups too – still the problem.

This all came about when i needed to restore my home directory and db backup after some updates ‘went south’. So it should have set it back to a functioning site, but some pages are just blank!

The php error is this:

[24-Mar-2016 01:31:26 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function vc_shortcode_custom_css_has_property() in /home/mysite/public_html/wp-content/themes/kleo/vc_templates/vc_column_inner.php on line 42

When I look at my plugins/theme info I have restored to Kleo v3.1.3 and VC version is showing as v4.8.1

So I was wondering if the restore backup didn’t totally restore the VC plugin properly? So I have initially 2 questions:

1. Is this the correct version of Vc for Kleo v 3.13.?
    2. Can you give me a url for accessing previous versions of VC (and Kleo please) so i can re-upload it or upload a different version if needs be?

Many thanks – appreciate any help as I’m totally stuck with a broken site and not idea what to do next! j

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Abe
    Keymaster

@5high-photohub please try opening a new topic instead of replies to one from 2014. Please make sure you have Visual composer 4.11.1 and the latest KLEO version 4.0.4

---

5high-photohub
    Participant

@ Abe,

Sorry, didn’t notice the date. And I have actually opened it as a new topic here: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/visual-composer-causing-php-errors-and-blank-pages-help?addticket

Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Visual Composer not working’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?