This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Radu.

• Author
     audev14
    Participant

Hello after most recent update our visual composer stopped. It works if we use it on front end but on backend it doesn’t open up boxes.  I’m attaching a sample of what is displayed when you click edit on a text box for example.

I have tried with disabling other plugins, etc but nothing seems to help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

Hi,

Make sure that the required plugins are updated, you can check form wp-admin -> appearance -> install plugins, look for update options especially for visual composer and k-elements.

Cheers

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     audev14
    Participant

Yeah we have the latest stuff in there, it’s not working still. Latest theme update, K elements version 4.0.4 VC version 4.11.1

Radu

Hi again,

Please do next tips

Go to wp-admin -> plugins , disable all plugins except K-elements and Visual composer, then try again to see if the vc it works, if it works enable plugins back one by one and check again in this way you will find out what causes issue, if it not works please follow these steps to enable wp debug:

•  Connect to your server by FTP
    • Look in root directory of your WordPress install and open wp-config.php
    • Search for define( ‘WP_DEBUG’, false ); and change FALSE value to TRUE
    COPY CODE
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

•   After this line add this:
    COPY CODE
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

WP_DEBUG_LOG is a companion to WP_DEBUG that causes all errors to also be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory. This is useful if you want to review all notices later or need to view notices generated off-screen (e.g. during an AJAX request or wp-cron run).

Repeat the described action and then check the debug.log file and let me know what error appears.

Let me know

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Rincon805
    Participant

I also am having this problem. I disabled all plugins except for k elements and vc composer, then re-abled them. Still no VC composer.

Radu

Hi,

Someone with this issue please provide admin credentials and FTP to can take a closer look at this

Cheers

Radu

Rincon805
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Radu

Hi Rincon,

Please check now, the problem was caused by this option : wp-admin -> visual composer -> role manager -> Post types -> page was unchecked. now it how it should be checked.

Cheers

Radu

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?