This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Laura.

• Author
     ganine
    Participant

Hello:

Visual Composer has an update to version 5.5.5 and I was trying to figure out how to update it (please see screenshot reporting an update).  The sales information for KLEO says that Visual Composer comes with “lifetime updates” when you purchase KLEO as you can see here:

http://preview.themeforest.net/item/kleo-pro-community-focused-multipurpose-buddypress-theme/full_screen_preview/6776630

This help article says that Visual Composer can be updated directly from the admin panel, but I am not finding this to be the case:

https://archived.seventhqueen.com/kleo/article/update-visual-composer

When I tried to update from the admin panel I am told I need to activate my license for Visual Composer.  When I try to activate I am directed to a page that informs me that direct updates are only available to those that purchase a “direct license.”  According to the website for Visual Composer if you got the plugin in a theme you must wait for the update to be released in the theme by the theme author:

https://kb.wpbakery.com/docs/faq/can-i-update-wpbakery-page-builder-if-i-have-purchased-it-in-a-theme/

This conflicts with the information in the support article I linked to above, “How to Update Visual Composer.”  Also, if “lifetime updates” to Visual Composer come with the purchase of KLEO as the sales documentation states, how is one supposed to continue getting updates to Visual Composer once the support period has expired for KLEO and new updates to the KLEO theme can no longer be downloaded?

Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, please check at Appearance – Install Plugins
    Lifetime updates means we will keep visual composer updated, but it has to be compatible with the theme, we cannot release an update that is not compatible, so before anything we update the theme and then the rest of the plugins.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

ganine
    Participant

“Hello, please check at Appearance – Install Plugins”

The above makes no sense and is not relevant to what I wrote. I have the plugin installed and did not ask for assistance with the installation, I asked for information on upgrading the plugin since I am being told in the admin panel that an upgrade is available and one of the selling points to me with the theme was that it could be upgraded directly from the admin panel without waiting for a theme update as stated in your documentation. When I actually tried to do this I found this is not the case.

“Lifetime updates means we will keep visual composer updated, but it has to be compatible with the theme, we cannot release an update that is not compatible, so before anything we update the theme and then the rest of the plugins.”

The above did not address that your documentation says the plugin can be upgraded directly through the admin panel without waiting for a KLEO theme update. I provided a link to your own documentation that states this. Your documentation directly conflicts with what Visual Composer states about direct updates.

I presume that any required plugin used in a theme will be kept up to date, including Essential Grid and K-elements, however, your sales document does not state that these come with “lifetime updates,” only Visual Composer. Your answer implies that the other required plugins are not guaranteed to be updated for compatibility in the future with KLEO, even though they are included and required and that does not make sense. It is misleading to state that a plugin comes with lifetime updates if what you mean is that the plugin, which is required as part of the theme, will be kept compatible with the theme; it is only reasonable to assume that this will be the case by default.

Laura

Hello,
    “The above makes no sense and is not relevant to what I wrote. I have the plugin installed and did not ask for assistance with the installation, I asked for information on upgrading the plugin since I am being told in the admin panel that an upgrade is available and one of the selling points to me with the theme was that it could be upgraded directly from the admin panel without waiting for a theme update as stated in your documentation. When I actually tried to do this I found this is not the case.”

– At Appearance – Install plugins you can also see updates, this is why i suggested to check there too. Didn’t say to install them

“The above did not address that your documentation says the plugin can be upgraded directly through the admin panel without waiting for a KLEO theme update. I provided a link to your own documentation that states this. Your documentation directly conflicts with what Visual Composer states about direct updates.”

– Yes we release them and you should see it at Appearance – Install Plugins, there should be an UPDATE option instead of INSTALL, this is where bundled plugins get updated

Please let me know if you have it there 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

ganine
    Participant

Hello Laura:

Thank you for clarifying. The updates was not there when I created my ticket. Visual Composer was reporting an update for some time before the update showed up under Appearances, so your instructions did not make sense given the circumstances at the time. It did eventually appear. To avoid confusion for your users you might want to add to the documentation that there may be a delay in between when an update is released by Visual Composer and the update is available in Appearances, Update.

Laura

Hello, yes you are right, we will make sure to note that 🙂

ganine
    Participant

Thank you for your help, Laura.

Laura

Always happy to help

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Plugins questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?