This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by ahd904.

• Author
     ahd904
    Participant

Hi,

I want to remove the activity tab from the buddypress profile menu but it just wouldnt disappear.

I have applied following codes and read through several documentation.
    Followings are what i have tried so far,
    create a bp-custom.php file in the wp-content/plugins/ and apply
    define(‘BP_DEFAULT_COMPONENT’, ‘profile’ );

also, in the functions.php
    i have put the following code

function my_setup_nav() {
    global $bp;

// Remove a menu item
    $bp->bp_nav[‘groups’] = false;
    $bp->bp_nav[‘forums’] = false;
    $bp->bp_nav[‘activity’] = false;
    }
    add_action( ‘bp_setup_nav’, ‘my_setup_nav’, 1000 );

the groups and forums have disappeared but the activity tab did not.
    Actually what i see is it still remains with a check icon (which is not the fontello icon i have applied for the activity tab, this might give you more idea where the problem is)

Please let me know what could be the problem for this.
    Also, please refer to the image.
    I know that we can disable the activity function from the buddypress setting but i want to just remove the activity stream from profile tab(individuals) not from groups or site-wide activity.

Thank you for the kind support always.

Regards,
    SB

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

The code doesnt work with the 2015 theme either. You should ask on the buddypress forum. The only piece they cant help you will is hiding the icon. You can do that with this css

COPY CODE

#-personal-li { display:none; }

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

Looks like your code is wrong: https://buddypress.org/support/topic/remove-item-from-sub-nav-on-profile-page/

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

ahd904
    Participant

Hello @sharmstr

Thank you for the Solution the CSS just did the job the second link you referred me to did not really change anything. So my above code and your CSS will do the job if anybody else would need the same job in the future.

Thank you again

Rgds
    sB

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?