This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Splendor.

• Author

I do not have much on this website. A few pages and a WooCommerce store with one item. However, periodically the website will take up to 17 seconds or more to load.

Today I insured and upgraded to the latest versions of everything. The website is on cpanel hosting with GoDaddy. After all the upgrades, I checked with GoDaddy. They said some of the website resources, especially the JS Composer, is creating the massive slowdown because it is using resources. I upped my hosting plan with them a month or two ago because they said the same thing then. Traffic to the website is VERY LOW, and I pretty well have stock Kleo and the plugins associated with that, and that is about it on there (and Jetpack and SEO Yoast).

GoDaddy mentioned I should probably install a caching plugin or something he said called WP Smoosh?

Just curious what I am doing wrong on this website. All my other Kleo websites work fine, but then again, they are on their dedicated WP hosting servers. This one had to go on cpanel because orders of the item are being exported to a spreadsheet and then reuploaded by FTP to another server.

Radu

Hi STIX FX,

I see that your website have few pages, i recommend you to disable plugin that do you not use like :
    buddypress (it seems that you don’t use)
    rtmedia (it seems that you don’t use)
    revolution slider (it seems that you don’t use)
    and any plugin that you don’t use

The i recommend you to install w3 total cache and enable page cache from Wp-Admin -> Performance -> General settings -> Page cache SET Enable

https://wordpress.org/plugins/w3-total-cache/

The speed of website would need to improve.

Hope that helps

Best regards

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Splendor
    Participant

Change host

I have disabled all non-used plugins. I am planning on installing w3 total cache and doing that next.

The speed is better since I updated the WP to the latest (was one version behind) as well as all plugins and Kleo. But I think it fluctuates.

Splendor
    Participant

a Cache plugin is the first thing you activate in your site, use w3tc, it’s very good but take a lot of times to find right settings for your need. Otherwise try wp rocket or zencache.

Test your site with gtmetrix, webpagetest or pingdom.

Also minify your js and css as well use gzip

A lot of work to be done! If your site is still very slow, say goodbye to Godaddy, specially if you are on shared hosting, then godaddy is not so good

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?