This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Andrei.

• Author

Tagged: 

Stephanus
    Participant

Hi there,

My site is http://www.happyandhealthy.co and I’m running the latest version of KLEO and WordPress.

1) Is KLEO compatible with all of the following PHP configurations?
    – PHP 5.4
    – PHP 5.4 (Single php.ini)
    – PHP 5.4 (FastCGI)

2) Which one do you recommend I should use – PHP 5.4 (Single php.ini)?

3) It sounded like PHP 5.4 (FastCGI) will improve the performance of my site, correct?

FYI, here are some comments from Bluehost:

– PHP 5.4: All files with the extension .php will be handled by the PHP 5.4 engine. Latest version of PHP.
    – PHP 5.4 (Single php.ini): Same as PHP 5.4, but all subdirectories will use ~/public_html/php.ini
    – PHP 5.4 (FastCGI): All files with the extension .php will be handled by PHP 5.4 FastCGI processes. FastCGI for PHP makes all your PHP applications run through mod_fastcgi instead of mod_suphp. This eliminates the overhead of loading the PHP interpreter on every hit. Since it is always in memory ready for the next hit, the responses will be generated faster.

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Andrei

Any of those options will work, about which one works better, it fully depends by the server or by all your customization and plugins. You can make some tests and see if there are any differences.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?