This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years by Laura.

• Author
     kffaner
    Participant

When i hit share button of any of the posts on bibleandprayers.com usually it would pull up the thumbnail when i do it on my other sites, but on this one it does not, so for example if you want to share a post on facebook, it will show a blank space for a thumbnail (even though there is a featured image set for the post) and then the title of the post linking to that post. How can i fix it so that it pulls the featured image for the post preview for sites such as facebook?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, have you tried using YOAST SEO plugin? it lets you control what to show when sharing on social media, it may fix it

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

kffaner
    Participant

i am trying to avoid heavy plugins, or adding any more than necessary, yoast can add quite some lag to my website, any alternatives that may also work? Seems like its a basic function that should have came with the theme (pulling a featured image as thumbnail while sharing) i recommend having that added on the next update.

Laura

Hello, i can take a look, can you share access?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

kffaner
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     kffaner
    Participant

on second thought, leave it as is, i wil use Yoast SEO to customize it.

Laura

Hello, understood.

Let me know if you need anything else 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?