This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Abe.

• Author
     trashmin
    Participant

I have activated the  facebook register option and it works like a charm. I have also looked in the facebook dev app to extend the data with the hometown which requires a separate review. Before I request the data I wanted to figure out if the extra data would be transfered by buddyapp ?

Can you tell me whether all approved data of facebook would be transfered in the register process and if so how I can access the data? . Are there additional actions available for this ?

Kind regards

Arthur

Kieran_SQ

Hi Arthur,

Requesting more access to data from Facebook will not automatically import it into BuddyPress / WordPress. The BuddyApp Facebook integration processes the name, email and profile avatar if set.

If you’d like to handle more data you would need to extend the code we have in place within the theme by yourself or with the assistance of a developer.

The file you would need to edit within the BuddyApp Child theme is

/wp-content/themes/buddyapp/lib/modules/facebook-login.php

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Ticket solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

trashmin
    Participant

Thanks, the facebook-login.php looks pretty good to adapt to more fields.

small bug towards buddypress integrations is that buddypress also stores the display_name in the xfields and if you go to edit profile that field remains empty which is strange behaviour since the display_name is already saved in the user table.

Took me a while to figure out how to solve it but perhaps something to include into the facebook_plugin.php when buddypress installed.

add_action( ‘user_register’, ‘myplugin_registration_save’, 10, 1 );

function myplugin_registration_save( $user_id ) {
    $udata = get_userdata( $user_id );
    xprofile_set_field_data( ‘Display Name’, $user_id, $udata->display_name );

}

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Thanks for reporting that, I’ll refer this ticket to one of our developers for review. They’ll be in touch with you either today or tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

Radu

Hi,

Thanks you letting us know that i will inform the rest of the team about that.

Cheers
    R

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hello, good suggestion, thank you.
    I tried some variants and it seems to work only like:
    xprofile_set_field_data( 'Name', $user_id, $udata->display_name );

Does you code work with ‘Display name’ instead of ‘Name’?

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?