This topic has 27 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Kieran_SQ.

• Author
     shaundrania
    Participant

hello, I’ve set up a shop for matchmaking services that is hidden on the site from the online dating site but I have a problem.  For some reason when I set the “matchmaking members account” page for woocommerce, the dating site members are also redirected to that page instead of the “members page” for the dating site when the join.

can you tell me how to fix this please?

thank you!!

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I created a user called basicuser with no Paid Memberships Pro level assigned to the account when I logged in for the first time I was directed to the pricing tables to select a level, I selected a level and was then properly redirected to the Paid Memberships Pro account page. When I logged out and logged back in I was taken to the standard home page. At no point was I taken to a WooCommerce page. Please can you do a similar test and let me know if this is what you experience?

Side note: You can set where users are redirected to on login / logout with Peter’s Login Redirect https://archived.seventhqueen.com/general/article/redirect-users-when-logging-in-or-logging-out

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

shaundrania
    Participant

Hey Kieran, that’s Because I had set the woocommerce page to members account page. But now that I’ve set the account page for matchmaking services to the “matchmaking account” page, you will probably be redirected to the woocommerce “matchmaking account” page if someone signs up for the dating service.

Do you mind checking one more time?

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

I created a new user and went through the login process again (see screenshots), the process was the same for me.

Kieran

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     shaundrania
    Participant

Hey Kieran, if you hit “view your membership account” on the confirmation page it will send you to the matchmaking account page.

By the way, I’m glad it’s you helping me- you are awesome!

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

When I click the button I am directed to the Paid Memberships Pro page domain.com/membership-account/ (see screenshot).

It may be worth at this point looking at a local issue. Try clearing your website cache, logging out from your site completely, then press Ctrl+Shift+Del and completely purge all local data from your browser cache (except for form data and passwords) – close your browser and restart your computer. Try logging back in and creating a new user to test in a new incognito / private browser window.

Kieran

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     shaundrania
    Participant

Okay. I will try that and see what happens. Thank you!

shaundrania
    Participant

Hey Kieran, it’s still doing it. After a person selects their plan, they get to the membership confirmation page and they hit “view your membership account”. Once they hit “view your membership”, then on that membership account page they select hit the button that says “edit profile”. After the person hits “edit profile” on the membership account page the link is directing them to the “matchmaking services account” page instead of their profile page.

I believe I had explained it incorrectly/badly the first time. I hope that makes more sense.

shaundrania
    Participant

I fixed the problem. Thank you Kieran for your help!!

Kieran_SQ

Glad you have it sorted now, just to confirm, what was the solution for you?

Kieran

shaundrania
    Participant

Hey Kieran, pmpro had a newer code that allowed me to delete certain parts of the items on the account page (membership,invoices, links, profile). I deleted the profile and links from the page and left invoice and membership. Now, those buttons are not visible.

shaundrania
    Participant

Hey Kieran, if I added the advance search plugin to my members page would that interfere with the same sec prevention code you inserted on my site? If not, can give tell me how to add that to the members page?

Thank you!!

Kieran_SQ

Hi @shaundrania,

Fantastic, glad it worked out 🙂

I’m not in work during the week and as the above reply is a new/unrelated question to this topic I would appreciate it if you could open this as a new ticket – Laura or Radu will happy to answer.

Thanks,

Kieran

shaundrania
    Participant

Will do. Thank you!

shaundrania
    Participant

Kieran, I know you don’t work during the week but the same sex prevention search isn’t working. I added the home search to my front page and when I created a fake profile(woman) and did a search- it gave a list of other women on the site (other fake profiles). Do you have any suggestions on how I can I fix this?

shaundrania
    Participant

Kieran, by the way, I sent you this message because you have been the ONLY person that has provided exceptional customer service. In fact, you are probably the reason why I extended my support contract with you guys. I have been waiting since Friday morning to get an answer from Laura regarding the question I posed to you on Saturday and still no response (It seems to be a theme). I know you’re not working during the week and if I have to wait until Saturday to get true customer service, I will. Thank you for being a great help and technical support person. I apologize for sending this message when you’re not working but I wanted to explain why.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression in my earlier reply. I meant that any new queries during the week should be opened as a new ticket, I am of course available with regards to this and other tickets that I have open with you from the weekend.

The code that you have within bp-custom.php only filters the members directory default loop to show the opposite sex. It will not manipulate / limit the search results for the BP Profile Search plugin as it’s effectively creating a loop based on the criteria at the time. If you need this further functionality you should reach out to the BP Profile Search developer, Andrea, here https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/bp-profile-search

Kieran

shaundrania
    Participant

No problem Kieran, I understand. Only thing is I don’t have a WordPress.org account, I have a WordPress.com through my host provider so it won’t let me login to ask her the question. I’ll try to get around that though.

Thank you for your help!

Kieran_SQ

I’m not sure if you can use a .com account, but a .org is free and easy to sign up for 🙂

Let me know the outcome,

All the best,

Kieran

shaundrania
    Participant

Thank you! I’ve created a profile and submitted the question.

Thanks for your help Kieran!!

shaundrania
    Participant

Hey Kieran, I looked in the forum and it appears that someone may have had a similar question to me. So, I wanted to check with you to make sure this wasn’t the same code you’ve already added to my site. If not, can you tell me if this code would create a conflict with what you’ve already added? Here it is-

add_filter (‘bp_ajax_querystring’, ‘modify_members_loop’, 20, 2);
    function modify_members_loop ($qs=false, $object=false)
    {
    global $wpdb;
    if ($object != ‘members’) return $qs;

// figure out if the logged-in user is male or female
    $gender = xprofile_get_field_data (5, bp_loggedin_user_id ());

if ($gender == ‘Male’)
    $query = “SELECT user_id FROM {$wpdb->prefix}bp_xprofile_data WHERE field_id = 5 AND value = ‘Female'”;
    else
    $query = “SELECT user_id FROM {$wpdb->prefix}bp_xprofile_data WHERE field_id = 5 AND value = ‘Male'”;

$custom_ids = $wpdb->get_col ($query);

$args = wp_parse_args ($qs);
    $args[‘include’] = implode (‘,’, $custom_ids);
    $qs = build_query ($args);

return $qs;
    }

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

It certainly uses some of the same queries but that is to expected with x profile fields, however, it is not the same code. You can try it out in functions.php and see what you get 🙂

Kieran

shaundrania
    Participant

Okay. Will do. And I can use the blank Bp custom zip you sent me before to upload to my bluehost account… Like you did before? Saving it with notepad++

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

If you do, please make sure you make a full backup of the file that I created for you on your server that houses the code you already have in place. But yes, you can also add the code to bp-custom.php

Note: There can be only one bp-custom.php file in /wp-content/plugins/

Kieran.

shaundrania
    Participant

Ok. So it’s a matter of choosing your code or their code basically? Or do you know of a way to have both codes inserted to cover the members page & profile search? If not, no worries.

But, I believe you shared the code here, so I will copy and paste it in my notepad++.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

You can add multiple different code snippets in that file. Just open the file, scroll to the bottom and add the code on a new line just before the line that states not to edit below this point.

You might also want to add a note before your code so you know in future what the code is doing. You can add a note like this

COPY CODE
    // Description of what my code is doing here
    YOUR CODE HERE

Kieran

shaundrania
    Participant

Okay. I promise I’m not going to harass you with this stuff all day :). Thank you so much for your patience.

So, here’s what I’m thinking of doing:
    1) copy the code you have created and add it to a my notepad++
    2) add a note underneath that code for the additional code
    3) add new code
    4) Save the codes/file in notepad++
    5) delete other bp custom in host provider.
    5) add newly saved file to host provider
    Done-

Did I get this correct? I hope so.

Kieran_SQ

Sounds good to me 🙂

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?