This topic has 27 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years by Radu.

• Author
     randrcomputers
    Participant

When a member purchases something it changes their user name to real name from the ship to in check out! HELP! Is this a kleo bug or Woocommerce bug? I can manually select it back to user name but is sorta a HUGE issue

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Radu

Hi,

Try to update kleo to latest version and let me know

Cheers
    R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     randrcomputers
    Participant

Installed. just waiting for a checkout(we dont sell many items so may be a while)

Radu

Hi,

You can make a test order to test that

Cheers
    R.

egabillat
    Participant

Hello,
    I have the same Bug with testingin local with MAMP.
    Kleo and plugins all updated.
    Cheers

Radu

Hi @egabillat
    Maybe if you If you de-activate child theme it’s the same? Maybe you have some old woocommerce templates in child?

Cheers
    R.

Radu

Try also to update Kleo to the latest version, we had released today 5 may a new update.

egabillat
    Participant

Hi !
    same problem without the child theme.
    I manually updated Kleo yesterday, because the new version don’t appear in themes updates…
    I create orders with and without the child theme, and immediately the user name is changed in first name + name used in the order fields. And this immediately when I proceed to checkout.
    I can see the change in real time in the “My Account” menu !

randrcomputers
    Participant

Still a problem. i dont see any update to kleo so cannot test it

Radu

Hi,

Guys, it’s same behavior using default wp theme ( twenty-seventeen ? ) If yes it means that the way how the woocommerce handle that, if not let me know

Cheers
    R.

egabillat
    Participant

Hi.
    For me it’s too complicated to return to the default theme… errors !
    And you Radu, have you tested ?
    Thanks

Radu

Hi,

I’m not able to reproduce that, I’ve tried multiple times using Kleo theme, do you have possibility to make a video to see exactly how that it happens, please ?

Cheers
    R.

egabillat
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Radu

Hi,

Yes, now I saw that I’ve tried to fix it right now it require more time that I’ve expected, I will add this to bug list and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Cheers
    R.

egabillat
    Participant

Thank you Radu. I will wait for your update patiently ! ?

randrcomputers
    Participant

I will be waiting for this fix too! Also it seems kleo is updating itself!! i never update just for these reasons on live site but now i try to downgrade and within 5 minutes its auto updated again! where is the setting to disable this

Radu

Hi,

@randrcomputers
    check this plugin: https://ro.wordpress.org/plugins/disable-wordpress-updates/ but before make sure to not have a plugin that has set those already for auto updates

Cheers
    R

randrcomputers
    Participant

This woocommerce bug is still changing user names to real names!

randrcomputers
    Participant

Guys is this support we get? This is a huge issue and no explanation its been weeks!

randrcomputers
    Participant

When item ships and site updates customer shipping status it changes to real name again! This starting happening when kleo updated templates

egabillat
    Participant

Hi.
    no solution for this issue ?
    Thank you.

Radu

Hi,

I’ve found the issue.

This it’s caused by the woocommerce itself, I’ve tried with default wp theme, and it behaves the same, if you will check in wp-admin -> users -> your user -> after the order it’s placed using default theme you will see the same.

You can notice woocommerce support team about this

Cheers
    R.

egabillat
    Participant

Hi Radu.
    What do you think about this ?
    https://github.com/woocommerce/woocommerce/issues/15020
    Waiting WooCommerce 3.1 ???
    Thank you

randrcomputers
    Participant

I applied temp fix shared at github will test and see.

Radu

Extracted from the GitHub.com issue ticket

You will have to paste this line in wp-content/themes/kleo-child/functions.php

COPY CODE
    add_filter( 'woocommerce_checkout_update_customer_data', '__return_false' );

NOTE : Child theme needs to be installed and activated.

Cheers
    R.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Ticket solution
     randrcomputers
    Participant

Still changes name to real name on shipping update. this is not good. no support from woo-commerce unless i pay for it and i dont currently so this really sucks

Radu

Hi,

Sorry for that, try to look and in comments for a workaround until they fix this

Cheers
    R.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?