This topic has 24 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by nilje.

• Author
     nilje
    Participant

Hi,

there is a bug, which is caused by ‘Kleo’, I guess.
    The widget ‘WooCommerce Product Categories’ doesn’t find any results, even though the count behind the category name proves there are many products in it.

Have you heard about that before? As soon as I deactivate Kleo, it works fine.
    Hope you know a solution, really need to get this going.

Best Regards

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

There’s no *bug* in Kleo. Perhaps its a plugin conflict. See here: http://seventhqueen.com/themes/kleo/product-category/clothing/

Respond privately with a link an credentials.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

nilje
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

You have so many plugins and visual composer is extremely old. I tried to update VC for you but it asked me for a password. Please update VC AND install Taxonomy Metadata: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/steps-to-update-kleo-theme

After that, if it still doesnt work, go to Woo > System Status and clear up any issues you find there.

After that, if it still doesnt work, disable all of the extra plugins you have to see if there is a conflict.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

nilje
    Participant

Hm, don’t know what else to do… updated VC, installed Taxonomy Metadata and other plugins which was recommended. At the System Status, I don’t see any reasonable issues and then I deactivated every single plugin, it still doesn’t work… maybe I’ve set something wrong at the WooCommerce Admin Panel?

Do you know an alternative Plugin/Widget for this?

sharmstr

You are still running an old version of VC. I dont think it will solve the issue, but it does have some big compatibility issues.

When I get a chance, I’ll take another look around.

sharmstr

Also, I did a google search and found that low memory could also cause this issue. One of the warnings I told you to look into was that you only have 40mb allocated to WP. You need at least 128.

nilje
    Participant

changed memory limit into 256.. still no change

about visual composer, thats strange, cause it said it would have updated successfully. But could it be, that I just get an update when I buy VC? Just have the one I got from ‘Kleo’.

sharmstr

I gave you a link previously that explains how to update the plugins. You have to install them from the kleo download.

nilje
    Participant

right, thanks and sorry
    now I have Version 4.4.3 of VC
    (still without categoryresults)

sharmstr

Upgrade to Kleo 3.0 (make sure you update VC too) and see if that solves the issue.

nilje
    Participant

No, doesn’t solve the issue. And now it is confused with the styling options, it shows some old color-versions I had a while ago and it won’t update the changes of the Styling Options too.

sharmstr

Did you clear your cache?

nilje
    Participant

yes

sharmstr

I’ve done some testing and your theme options styles are either not being written to /uploads/custom_styles/dynamic.css or they are but your server is serving and old version of the file.

nilje
    Participant

thats strange… I’ve installed a few plugins to make the site faster yesterday, but did a backup before and tried to run it again with the ‘old’ dynamic.css. Plugins I used are ‘WP Super Cache’, ‘Better WordPress Minify’, an Imageoptimizer and a Database Cleaner of old Revisions. Could this have to do with one of these plugins? But why doesnt it work with the dynamic.css I saved before those changings?

sharmstr

Yes, that could definitely cause it. The old dynamic.css file doesnt have all of the new classes.

nilje
    Participant

ok.. what does this file exactly, can I create it or is there just a newer version I could put in instead of the one I have now?

sharmstr

Its dynamically created when you save Theme Options. So back to my original statement. “your theme options styles are either not being written to /uploads/custom_styles/dynamic.css or they are but your server is serving and old version of the file”

It could be the caching, it could be the security plugin. who knows.

nilje
    Participant

ok… I’m trying to restore my whole site-backup from yesterday. pretty sure it was the plugin ‘better wordpress minify’, had a bad feeling in the first place, even though it had good reviews.

hope it’s going to be well :/
    maybe the productcategory works than as well

thanks for looking into it!

– oh that went fast. worked, updating now kleo 3.0

sharmstr

Good luck! 🙂

nilje
    Participant

🙁 same problem… but now without the settings of the plugins I used yesterday.
    Maybe it has something to do with the new feature ‘color presets’ or something? No idea..

sharmstr

Hmmm. I wonder if the security plugin is causing upgrade issues. The weird thing is that when you had kleo 3.0 enabled, even the basic site colors (saved in the db) were different than you’re 2.4.3 version. In case what I’m saying doesnt make sense….

When you save the theme options, all of that information is saved to the db, even if there is any issue writing to the custom css file. When you view the styles in theme options, it pulls those color settings from the db, not from the custom styles file.

nilje
    Participant

oh my, don’t know whats going on…
    tried it two times again since last time, first it showed again confused theme colors which I didn’t set / mixed parts of new and old settings. After updating to Kleo 3.0 it stayed that way. Again restored backup, design was fine again, updated to 3.0, design remains good.
    But now, I cant even see the options of the whole Kleo panel. Yesterday I had just problems with ‘Styling Options’ and could change for example the general options, now I don’t see that any more. Well for now it’s ok, design works, but really don’t know whats going on there.

nilje
    Participant

theme design and settings works again, no clue why, but it does 😀

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?