This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Kieran_SQ.

• Author
     WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

Hi there,

just to be sure and not doing something wrong,

there is a guideline for users roles?

for example, a Moderator, has to be always an Editor, or could be a normal subscriber?

we don’t want to mess around. Maybe if we have an Editor and we change the bbpress role we can override something.

what do you suggest?

we just need this kind of users

Administrator = keymaster

Editor = moderator (in soma cases this may split in two: only Editor or only Moderator)

normal user = subscriber

Another question, I’ve found some articles online to how to change Admin or Moderator color in the forum, but we prefer to ask you first if there is an official way in your theme. you know something visual to quickly understand that is a moderator or administrator reply.

Laura

Hello, bbpress roles are independent so it shouldn’t change any normal role. You can test it with a test user 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

so we can have a subscriber + moderator for example?

Laura

It should be able, because they are not paired but try it and let me know 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

I’m trying to understand wow it works. If I have WordPress official roles, how bbpress roles effect on them?

Laura

Hello, they only affect bbpress, please check https://codex.bbpress.org/getting-started/before-installing/bbpress-user-roles-and-capabilities/

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

to bbpress simply add other roles, but there is no relation with wordpress woles?
    when i declare someone moderator, what i have to select as wordpress role?

Laura

Hello, you do not need to select a WordPress role, they are independent, not related, bbpress roles only affect forums

WinDroidAnswers
    Participant

Ok, thanks for the kind reply. I’ve seen that some moderators have also a wp account and I don’t want to mess around. If there is something to change before promote a user as moderators, that’s my question.

Kieran_SQ

Hi,

You do not need to change the WordPress role when changing the bbPress role. A bbPress moderator can be a standard WordPress user (subscriber), editor (Editor), admin (Administrator) or any other WordPress role.

The two different roles are completely independent of each other and allow you to have forum moderators that are not privileged within WordPress and therefore cannot effect anything else on the back-end of the site.

Kieran

Custom development requests can be sent to dev@seventhqueen.com, one of the development team will be happy to discuss your needs.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Theme options & Demo content’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?