This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by professeur.

• Author
     professeur
    Participant

Hello,

I install BuddyApp on a wordpress multisites with subdomain.

I want each subdomain have a separated blog, groups, forums, pages (with plugin BP Group extras), one Buddypress account for domain & all subdomains. And I want the principal domain can show all the things posted in subdomains (posts, forums, activity, etc).

After searching on the net, I did a fresh install of wordpress then installed WP multi network then BP multi network plugins before creating my first subdomain.

It doesn’t seem to work..

Can you tell me if your incredibke theme is able to support Buddypress multi network ?

Hope you can help me.

Bien à vous

Andrei

Hello,

The setup of your BuddyPress network environment doesn’t rely on the theme, it’s just how you set your BuddyPress plugin to work, for example, you can switch to a default wordpress theme to see that there is no limitation from the theme.

For more details about advanced setup of your BuddyPress plugin I recommend you to give a look into the official documentation: https://codex.buddypress.org/getting-started/installation-in-wordpress-multisite/ and if you need more help with it I recommend you to use their community forums.

Also please note that in the case when you’ll want to run a multi-site environment, you’ll need to purchase one theme license for each sub-site on which you’re using our theme.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Cheers

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     professeur
    Participant

Ok.

I already read this documentation, but I will search much deeper in Buddypress forums.

Bien à vous

professeur
    Participant

And for the licence,

I didn’t know that I have to pay one theme by subdomain (I use the theme only for my personal use : I use this theme in order to prepare a software, like a “beta” version).

So if I use my kleo theme on main site (already purchased), and BuddyApp theme in one subdomain, is it ok ?

Andrei

Envato rules are that you need to have 1 license for each individual site, doesn’t matter how you mix them, for example you could end up having 3-4 sub-sites each running different themeforest theme, in this case each will require 1 license, if you use the same theme over multiple sub-sites you will have to buy multiple licenses for the same theme.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     professeur
    Participant

Okay,

I understand.

So Kleo theme for main domain, and BuddyApp theme for only one subdomain.

Thank you

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?