This topic has 21 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Abe.

• Author
     Lasmas
    Participant

Hey,

I installed WPML and also enabled the language switcher in WPML and Kleo. But the language switcher simply does not appear. No matter if dropdown or list is chosen.

Thank you!

Best regards!

Lasmas
    Participant

Update, it appears only in the “looged” out menu, not in the “logged in” menu. However, I can only choose one menu in the WPML Plugin.

Thanks!

Catalin

Hello,

The credentials you provided are not working anymore so I am not able to replicate your issue.

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     kodrant
    Participant

Language switcher does not show up when checked in Theme Options.

Is there a fix to this issue?

Abe
    Keymaster

Well you need to make sure WPML plugin is enabled and you have configured languages, translated content, etc

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

kodrant
    Participant

WPML enabled, langs configured, content translated… WPML lang widget visible in footer, but KLEO top bar lang selection not working.

Can this be fixed?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi sorry for the late reply. Pleas provide some credentials to login on your site to check.

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

kodrant
    Participant

Thanks. This appears to be caused by different issue, since Settings > General > language selection is not working. Lang is there listed, but when selected and saved it still stays in English. Some forum posts suggest libssh2 must be updated, so we wait for server admin to fix it.

kodrant
    Participant

Can you please provide Turkish language pack for KLEO theme, need to upload it in theme languages folder. Tnx.

Abe
    Keymaster

Hello, Turkish is not available since it needs to be contributed by somebody who knows the language. You can translate it with Loco Translate plugin if you need it

Cheers

---

mcsinn
    Participant

Hi, I have the same problem with the language switcher suddenly disappearing after a Kleo Update. It used to be in the Top Menu position, but now it’s gone. For example on http://mcprezi.com/blog/

Abe
    Keymaster

Hello, you should be able to add from WPML settings now. Try it and let me know if it works ok

---

Abe
    Keymaster

The option should be to add the switch to the Top menu.

---

mcsinn
    Participant

No it is not working. I choose the top menu and it is not there. When I choose to place it in my main menu, it works, but not in the way it should. It shows up as a horizontal list instead of a dropdown menu. But as I do not want it in the main menu, that is not the issue. The main issue is, that it is still not showing up in the top right corner.

mcsinn
    Participant

Hello!!! Is there anybody out there? Will anybody get back to me and help in that case?

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Please give me your credentials to check on your site. Mark the reply as private.

Thanks

---

mcsinn
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

Tried to login earlier but it does not work..

---

mcsinn
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     mcsinn
    Participant

Hello??? When will anybody be able to help me out on this?

Abe
    Keymaster

In one hour I will let you know the fix. Thanks

---

Abe
    Keymaster

Well the problem on your site was easy… you haven’t assigned a menu to the top menu so it couldn’t be created by the theme or by the plugin

---

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘WPML Language Switcher – Not there’ is closed to new replies.

Forgot your details?