This topic has 10 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Radu.

• Author
     tulipwork
    Participant

Hi,

I have a problem on my website. I’m using WPML plugin and everything is working fine, except one thing. When a new user registers to my website, he clicks on the activation link that he received by email, and then, when he tries to login, he’s being redirected to the English version of the website, whereas he was in the french version for instance.

Apart from the activate page, when a user login from french version of the website, he still on the french version after login. The problem appears only on the activate page.

Thanks in advance for helping.

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Radu

Hi,

Maybe you need buddypress wpml plugin ?

Check this : https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/buddypress-multilingual/

You can ask the same the wpml team meanwhile the same

Let me know

Cheers
    R

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     tulipwork
    Participant

I already have it…

Radu

If you encounter the same behavior using default twentyseventen theme it may be a issue from wpml i think… as a workaround you can try:

1. Chose for wp admin dashboard a language

2. Then go to wp-admin -> emails ->

3. Edit the content of the links by adding at the end your lang code

—-

Change wp admin dashboard and repeat for every lang

You can try the wpml team the same meanwhile.

Note:I had not tested this.

Cheers
    R

tulipwork
    Participant

Mmh. Actually, my activation page is already translated in french, with the slug placed previously in the URL (see screenshot). If i do what you said, the activate page is not in french anymore.
    Anyway, it’s not a big problem, if it’s possible to fix it for next update, that would be fine for all who are using WPML with your theme. If not, it’s not a big pb.
    Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Radu

Hi,

Ok then, sincerely until you i had never heard a similar issue with wpml and sweetdate for activation page, we will investigate in future.

Cheers
    R

tulipwork
    Participant

It’s not an emergency pb, so when you have time just try it and you will see and maybe solve it.
    Thanks!

Radu

Ok, i will let you know

Cheers
    R

tulipwork
    Participant

Hi,
    Did you finally fix the problem, so the user can receive a confirmation link in its own language, and not in English (default) language?
    Thanks.

Radu

Hi,

The issue that was in the past was unrelated to the WPMl plugin it was a issue with the activation key itself, so there may not be any issue with our theme you should translate buddy-press emails correctly i recommend you to take a look and if you cannot find the answer ask there : https://wpml.org/forums/topic/buddypress-emails-translation/

Cheers
    R

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?