This topic has 18 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by santosh2014.

• Author
     santosh2014
    Participant

Hi,
    www version website is not displaying icons properly. It is displaying Chinese fonts/icons.

please check my website
    http://www.learnyourselfonline.com
    How to set the fonts/icons path to display properly?
    Thank you

sharmstr

because its trying to load from the non www version which causes cross-domain errors. If you had http://learnyourselfonline.com set up first then switched to http://www.learnyourselfonline.com you’ll have this issue. Try resaving your theme options.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

santosh2014
    Participant

Hi,thank you.
    I did not set up/switched anything.
    I tried deleting cache too.
    I tried the network/developer tab and 2 fonts are shown as 0KB. whats the issue? please try accessing my website and test.

santosh2014
    Participant

And www version website is too much slow.

I tried saving themes options. But could not solved.

santosh2014
    Participant

icons are properly displaying on Safari browser. strange, I can not understand the issue.

sharmstr

respond privately with link and admin credentials.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

santosh2014
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

You have http://learnyourselfonline.com set up in wp admin > settings > general. Not www.

santosh2014
    Participant

ok, without making changes to that site url and home url, how I can solve the issue?
    I am not a expert developer, If I change these settings I may get white screen and I have to make changes in .htacess. It takes lot time to solve the issue again to solve the white screen problem.

any short cut? If required I will paste .htaccess code privately.

santosh2014
    Participant

if the issue in settings, why those icons properly displaying on Safari but not on other browsers.??

sharmstr

Because safari doesnt care about cross-domain errors.

santosh2014
    Participant

Ok,How to solve the issue?

sharmstr

pick one or the other. you’re going to end with with cookie/session issues if you dont.

santosh2014
    Participant

I did not understand, what would you like to say, please explain.

sharmstr

Choose to have your pages served from either http://www.learnyourselfonline.com or from learnyourselfonline.com, not from both. Whichever you choose, make sure its set correctly in wp admin > settings.

santosh2014
    Participant

ok,There is no solution for this too.

I will keep as it is only.

santosh2014
    Participant

I have tried your suggestion. But still same problem..

sharmstr

sorry for the delay in responding. I see that you’ve opted for non www and that www redirects to non www now.

santosh2014
    Participant

yes. because those icons are not displaying, I had to redirect from www version to non www version. is redirection better for SEO point of view? I have choose non www version as preferred domain in Google web master tools.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?