This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by fabienne.

• Author
     fabienne
    Participant

Hi,

I would like to know if there is you could help me diagnose the issue I am experiencing with my Yoast SEO sitemaps here:http://www.tourismtribe.com/sitemap_index.xml

I get an: This page contains the following errors:

error on line 3 at column 6: XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document
    Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

Thanks!

TourismTribe.com

sharmstr

If you view source code, you have two blank lines at the top of the page. As the error states, the XML deceleration has to be on the first line. Look at your source code to see what I mean.

Did you google the error? Lots of info on it out there about it.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

fabienne
    Participant

Hi Sharmstr,

Thank you again for your response.

Yes I see this and yes I read about the blank spaces.
    Despite reading about the fixes and trying my best I am still getting the issue.

I am not experienced with resolving conflicts unfortunately. I can see the lines are still there at the top of my source code but I don’t have a clue which file to modify to fix it.

THanks

TourismTribe.com

sharmstr

It doesnt happen on any of my sites so its unlikely to be a Kleo issue. Have you tried disabling plugins? Do you have any custom code in your child’s functions.php file? If so, is there extra lines at the end of it?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

fabienne
    Participant

Thanks Sharmstr,

I have changed the theme and the same issue happens> So logically it is a plugin issue.
    It isn’t a child theme’s issue (nothing in my child functions’ php).

I am going through my plugins one by one (//need another coffee!)

Will keep you posted, but I noticed a lot of spaces at the top of some plugins. Still hasn’t fixed it.

Thanks for enlightening me every day Sharmstr!

TourismTribe.com

sharmstr

🙂 Well, that’s good news for Kleo. LOL. Yes, please let us know what you find out.

…. and remember to enable the kelo CHILD theme this time LOL

fabienne
    Participant

LOL – yes my goodness I will 🙂

Ok one ‘space’ issue is coming from the BuddyPress plugin itself. Which is weird and I can’t seem to be able to fix it. Especially if you say you are not having the issue and have BP enabled.

TourismTribe.com

fabienne
    Participant

Right, I found the little sucker… bp-custom.php.

🙂

TourismTribe.com

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?