This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by Laura.

• Author

Tagged: , ,

mikereff
    Participant

Hey team,

When browsing our site using the Chrome, our users experience an icon with a lock and a warning sign in the address bar. This indicates “Your connection to http://www.luvbyrd.com is encrypted with 128-bit encryption. However, this page includes other resources which are not secure.”

I see that the demo of SweetDate (https://seventhqueen.com/demo/sweetdatewp/) also has this error in the address bar. Is there a way that we can get rid of this error message without harming the functionality of the site?

Thanks,
    LuvByrd

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Laura

Hello, this is because of your site SSL “https” Please contact your hosting provider because this is not something from the theme, it may be a plugin that forces SSL or your domain SSL or your hosting forcing SSL

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

mikereff
    Participant

Laura,

Do you mind giving me a better understanding of what’s going on here? As I mentioned previously, your demo site has the same results.

This is a membership site and warnings in Chrome that say “this page includes other resources which are not secure” may result in fewer sales for your clients.

Thanks,
    Chad

Attachments:
     Laura

Hello, that is because we also use SSL, here is a resume of what SSL is:
    SSL = HTTPS
    NO SSL = HTTP
    “SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral. SSL is an industry standard and is used by millions of websites in the protection of their online transactions with their customers.”

Find more here: http://info.ssl.com/article.aspx?id=10241

As you can see in he screenshot, even Google has it, but the identity is verified, so you just have to talk to your hosting provider to configure your SSL so its verified and the locker changes to green. This SSL is a way of telling your clients that the website is secure and verified. It doesnt mean that you cannot have a secure website without it, is just a kind of official certificate to help encryptation.

If you dont want to use a SSL (may conflict with some plugins) Talk with your hosting provider so they can guide you.
    Actually we have no power on that so i cannot do much more for you.

NOTE: In case you didnt had this SSL before, check out your plugins and make sure that there isnt a “Force SSL” option enabled.

Hope it helps 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Attachments:
     mikereff
    Participant

What does the force SSL have to do with this error?

Why does your site have the same error when I view it from my browser?

Laura

Hello, its not my website, is just an article. SSL is the locker, if its not well setup, it will show that error. Your hosting provider should help you with that

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Sweetdate – WordPress’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?