This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Radu.

• Author
     doug
    Participant

How do I allow the user to stop and start the videos instead of autoplaying?

Radu

Hi,

It seems there is an plugin that plays the youtube video, Please configure that plugin to not auto play videos or disable it.

Cheers

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     doug
    Participant

The plug-in was included in your design template. However, some of the features can’t be used due to the fact that I can’t import the templates that have those buttons on them.

Radu

Hi,

I think that is from revolution slider and you should go to wp-admin -> Slider Revolution -> choose the slider that is on that page and look for an autoplay option and set it off

Cheers

Radu

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     doug
    Participant

There does not appear to be such an option in the UI. I can see the metadata in the source, but no option to set it.

It appears to me that we are supposed to add buttons to perform this task. It seems like a lot of work to build a web player in a template you bought to do those kinds of things, especially when the wordpress embed performs the task correctly (except, not in a matching style).

I think there is a prescribed way to do what I’m trying to do.

I did figure out a short term solution until you find the correct approach for me. I’m using the pause when off screen feature, which helps to reduce the jarring of having a video autostart, but it isn’t perfect.

Radu

Hi,

I can take a look in your dashboard if you are ok with this, provide credentials.

Cheers

RAdu

doug
    Participant

To be clear, it is the video that I don’t want to play. It probably is the youtube settings?

Radu

Hi,

I don’t think so because i’ve visited the page from incognito mode and by default the embedded video doesn’t start by default.

From i what i see i don’t recognize that plugin

Cheers

Radu

doug
    Participant

It doesn’t start now because there *is* a feature that I found that won’t play when the window is not in view. You guys wrote the interface to it. It is the Revolution Slider. You included it in this template. They said to refer questions to you since you sold it to me.

Any chance we could escalate to a second tier support member? I don’t have access to their support forum answers (because you included it and I don’t have a purchase code), yet I can clearly see there are many with this question.

Thanks,
    Doug

Radu

Hi,

Go to http://urbaninnovation.westus.cloudapp.azure.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=revslider identify the youtube slider then open it -> double click the video then a new pannel will open -> Settings -> Autoplay -> OFF

If you cannot do this please provide credentials.

Cheers

Radu

doug
    Participant

The answer was to make the video a layer instead of a background.

Radu

Hi,

I wasn’t know exactly what you have builded in your backend, that’s i’ve ask you for credentials.

But, if you have solved it’s ok now.

Cheers

Radu

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?