This topic has 15 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     ellos
    Participant

Hi please take a look at the attached, there is no icons displayed in dropdown list in Kleo Icon element.
    I can work around it, but typing the name (if i know it in advance), but this is not a great workaround

Is it something known, or is it likely a plugin compatibility issue?

Thanks
    Eli.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/icons-dont-appear-for-visual-composer-accordions

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

ellos
    Participant

Hi Sharmstr, I’m sorry but the link you mentioned doesn’t clarify things.
    The most meaningful exchange is in last to comments:
    YOU: “Do you also have up-to-date Kleo and k-elements? Are you getting load errors in your browser console? If you provide a link with credentials I can take a look.”

USER: “I just did a clean refresh of the theme (deleted then uploaded the most recent version) and it looks like it did the trick.”

— So what’s your recommendation? I have the latest K-Elements (Version 3.0 ), and the issue was there even with the updated version.
    — Do you recommend updating the theme? (in fact you didn’t, it’s just the user said that it helped)

Please let me know what your recommendation is.
    Eli

sharmstr

Do you also have the latest VC which should be 4.5.3?

I dont have the issue you’re having on 5 of my sites that I checked. You asked if there was a possible plugin conflict. Did you test for that?

I sent you that link because that’s how someone solved there issue. Maybe it will work for you.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

ellos
    Participant

Do you also have the latest VC which should be 4.5.3?
    — Yep. (The latest is 4.6 though – but it causes some grief, so I’d rather stay with this one)

You asked if there was a possible plugin conflict. Did you test for that?
    — I hoped that my initial question would be understood as ‘if this is a known issue with plugin compatibility then please let me know’.
    Instead i was sent the link which never mentioned anything related

“I sent you that link because that’s how someone solved there issue. Maybe it will work for you.”
    — I appreciate, but as I mentioned the solution was not clear. It is much better if you just say ‘upgrade the theme’ instead of let me guess as to what the best option is.

I will go ahead and test the compatibility with other plugins. As I said – I was just hoping it was a known issue.
    Cheers.

Eli.

ellos
    Participant

P.S. Sharmstr, you lately sound a bit irritated. Probably the load’s getting to you, I can sympathize with that, but the overall impression is a bit not user-friendly. Maybe it’s just me – but a number of latest replies give that impression unfortunately.

sharmstr

I apologize for that. You’ll probably right. Maybe I should stop being a moderator here and just focus on my own sites.

ellos
    Participant

I would hate to loose you, but as a client – all I need is a support that doesn’t make me feel that I’m asking too many stupid questions. But if you don’t feel that this job is the right fit for you.. jeez, you’d definitely be better doing something else. I support you in that approach.

sharmstr

This isnt a job. I can answer or not answer as I wish. With that said, I went for a walk to think about this. The last 4 days have been crazy. If you look at my reply list, I’ve been busy. My intention wasn’t to make you feel stupid. My intention was to get through the influx of support topics started recently as quickly as possible. It will take longer to do if I have to repeat the same questions for the same issue, hence the reason why I gave you that link that had all the questions I would have asked you and a possible solution that was explained by the other member.

Let me ask you this… and this is a sincere question and not intended to be argumentative. Would you have had an issue if my initial response was

“I dont know of any plugin conflicts. Another member’s solution to this issue is here: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/icons-dont-appear-for-visual-composer-accordions.”

Going back to the issue. Were you able to find a plugin conflict or have you tried deleting the kleo folder and installing again as the other member outlined?

sharmstr

I have to go do my real job now 🙂

If you still havent sorted this out, you can always respond privately with admin credentials so I can see what’s going on.

ellos
    Participant

Hi Sharmstr,

“My intention was to get through the influx of support topics started recently as quickly as possible.”
    — That’s probably the problem, nobody can keep the same quality when the quantity of job increases. As I said – I clearly sympathize, I was network security admin for 10 years and I know the feeling. But as a client, I’d rather not be a part of it.

“It will take longer to do if I have to repeat the same questions for the same issue, hence the reason why I gave you that link”

— When you just send the link, without a single word it always gives an impression of you saying ‘go to hell, read the link, and then talk to me if you can’t understand what is being said’. As I said, it;s probably the load getting to you, but on a client side it doesn’t look good.
    If you just said ‘please take a look at the link, and see if it helps’ – it would make much better impression than just throwing the link at somebody. It would take you 15 seconds to write that sentence and it would make the world of difference.

“Would you have had an issue if my initial response was

“I dont know of any plugin conflicts. Another member’s solution to this issue is here: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/icons-dont-appear-for-visual-composer-accordions.””

— That would make all the difference in the world.

“Going back to the issue. Were you able to find a plugin conflict or have you tried deleting the kleo folder and installing again as the other member outlined?”
    — Nope, pretty busy day. If I don’t write back, it means I solved it.

Cheers.
    Elijah.

ellos
    Participant

” Maybe I should stop being a moderator here and just focus on my own sites.”

— This sounds as ‘shut up, I’m doing you a favor by answering you and being moderator. If you keep asking – I’ll probably stop answering’.

So Sharmstr, I appreciate the speed of your reply, my previous interactions with you were absolutely amazing, but it looks like something is going on and whatever frustration is being built – goes towards customers.

sharmstr

Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate it.

If you don’t solve it, I’d like to see it since Im not having the issue on any of my sites.

sharmstr

Quick update. Had another member report that reinstalling kleo fixed this issue.

ellos
    Participant

Thanks Sharmstr, do you have written instructions as to how to reinstall the theme manually?
    Or do I just delete the Kleo theme from Appearance > Themes, and then do a fresh install?

Thanks
    Eli

sharmstr

ftp: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/steps-to-update-kleo-theme

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?