This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     mitchcan
    Participant

Hi,

So far so good in the first couple days with the theme. Still working through all the options. 🙂

I searched, but couldn’t find, a way to add a widget area to the location immediately above main_container. Tried a couple of things, to no luck. I’m not sure exactly as I’m just getting to know these sections… but something like in between:

div#main section.container-wrap main-title alternate-color border-bottom
    and
    div#main-container

Is this possible – without major theme mods? An easy add to functions.php maybe?

Thanks.

sharmstr

Take a look at this response I wrote up the other day

https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/adding-advertising-areas-in-header-using-a-widget#post-44980

Other places not mentioned are ‘kleo_before_content’ and ‘kleo_before_main_content’

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

mitchcan
    Participant

I’m not sure, I think my issue here may be the use of multiple themes. This concept is so easy I’ve done it dozens of times in Genesis. And I’m sure its likely easy in Kleo too. Problem seems to be that if I add this to the Kleo child theme, the pages on which Kleo is Active are ‘seeing’ code, and nothing is displaying.

The multi theme editor is working, because I do see Kleo there.

Edit: Boom, don’t you love when you answer your question as you are writing it out? Happens a lot to me. I left the above to remind myself that I can be stupid sometimes.

The issue is that I was calling the Kleo theme in the multitheme plugin, not the Kleo CHILD theme. Uh, duh?

🙂 Thanks.

sharmstr

I do that all the time. LOL. Glad you sorted it.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘General questions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?