This topic has 48 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by papsie.

• Author
     papsie
    Participant

Hi –

Thanks for an outstanding theme! I have noticed a couple of minor issues, which I hope you can help me resolve.

I am currently using WP4.4 and BuddyApp Theme 1.0.3 (Child theme).

1. Before the last update, if I remember correctly, there was a dark gradient that automatically covered the bottom part of the profile/group cover image. This no longer appears. Can you tell me how to amend this, so the gradient comes back again? (See screenshot-01.png)

2. When uploading cover images at the recommended size (1200px x 225px), the resulting cover image in the profile menu is not very nice (too compressed?). Is there a way to adjust the quality level here? (See screenshot-01.png)

3. The appears to be no “Read More” link on the Activity stream and Group posts. (See screenshot-01.png)

4. When the theme is activated, the menu selection dropdowns do not work for posts, forums, etc. (tested with WP standard theme and it works OK also tested each plugin for conflict – none). (See screenshot-02.png)

5. Can you please tell me where I can change the mouseover color for the section title links in the Knowledge Base. The mouseover colour is currently pink and I would like to change it to orange.

Here is a link to the site:
    http://muziclink.com/dev/

If you need backend access, please let me know and I will setup a temp admin account for you.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
    Chris Freeman
    freeman@4site.dk

NOTES (for your own information):

– On the 404 error page, the bottom link “return to homepage” returns the error URL and not the homepage URL (resulting in a continual error). Looks like this is happening because there is no code in the URL link () on line 36 (404.php)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

Okay… Here we go… 🙂

First, upgrade to 1.0.4.

1 – You are correct. Its been fixed in the next release. Its also been discussed here so searching before asking is appreciated 🙂 Not sure when they will be releasing 1.0.5 and its a bunch of code to give you the fix now. But if you want something similar now, refer to this: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/illegible-group-descriptions-pre-sales#post-91160

2 – Let me get back to you on this one.

3 – Try this in your quick css. (I’ll also ask the devs why they did this.)

COPY CODE

#buddypress .activity-read-more {
        display: inline !important;
    }

4 – This is a strange one and I’ll have to get the devs involved. I have two sites. One has this issue, the other doesnt. I’ll get back to you on this one.

5 – Looks like you’ve sorted that since the mouse over links are orange.

If I’ve missed anything let me know.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

4 – My menu issues were due to a plugin conflict. Specifically WP Type by OnTheGoSystems. Look for a plugin conflict.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

And sure enough, in my case, WP Types released and update that says

“Fixed compatibility with WordPress 4.4 related to menu management.”

papsie
    Participant

Hi sharmstr –

Thanks for your quick reply, much appreciated.

Ad #1: Actually, I did read through the forums before I contacted support (as I usually do), I did not notice the post you sent. With that said, I have now used your CSS as a temp fix until 1.0.5.

Ad #2: OK, thank you.

Ad #3: Thanks. Will this also be rectified in v.1.0.5?

Ad #4: Sorry, I should have mentioned in my original mail, I actually already checked for plugin conflicts. I just checked again, now that I have the latest version of the theme installed, but even with only BuddyPress and BBpress active, this still does not work. I’m fairly sure it’s a theme bug, because even with all the plugins activated, this is not a problem when using the standard WP theme (2015/2016).

Ad #5: Actually no, it’s not fixed. I did change the colour on both the directory icon (to orange) and the top task bar bubbles, but what I would like to change is the hover colour on the grey titles (which are pink on mouseover) in the knowledge base. The actual post links work fine, it’s only the title which turn pink.

Thanks again for you help! ;o)

Kindest regards,
    Chris

sharmstr

#3 Not sure what the devs will do. I will let them know about it though.

#4 Respond privately with admin credentials and I’ll have a look

#5 Try this (change orange to your orange hex code)

COPY CODE

.kb-section-name a:hover {
        color: orange !important;
    }

papsie
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     sharmstr

Can you replace /lib/menu-custom.php with the attached file? Let me know when its done.

Attachments:
     papsie
    Participant

Done.

sharmstr

check your menu

papsie
    Participant

Yes, wonderful! ;o)

Thanks again for all your help sharmstr.

sharmstr

Okay – Last issue I think

Profile covers – That “1200px wide, and 225px tall” message comes from BP. Obviously that size sucks because Buddyapp uses a small side profile header instead of the default big header. You have BP Profile Photo installed and enabled, so why not use it? Go to Settings > Buddypress > Settings and enable “Leave BP Cover plugin functionality instead of BP 2.4 core”. This will use the BP Profile Photo stuff instead of the new BP 2.4 stuff. 🙂

papsie
    Participant

Ah, OK. Yes, that sounds like a much better idea! ;o)
    Thanks again.

sharmstr

Did we cover everything? 🙂

papsie
    Participant

I believe so, thank you for your help.

papsie
    Participant

Quick question: Could you please let me know where I can change the output in the area shown on attached screenshot? I thought it was ..\buddypress\members\single\member-header.php so I copied that to the child theme and amended it, but nothing changes.

Thanks,
    Chris

Attachments:
     sharmstr

That’s the one. Did you keep the same directory structure?

\buddyapp-child\buddypress\members\single\member-header.php

Also, can you please start new topics for new questions? It makes searching the forum so much easier. Thank you.

papsie
    Participant

Sorry, as this was kind of relative to my previous questions, I wasn’t sure whether or not to start a new post. I will do so in future.

Yes, the directory structure is accurate, I have just double-checked it again. As a test, I have taken out the entire latest update div (ca. lines 51-55), but it is still showing up on the site?

<div id=”latest-update”>
    <?php bp_activity_latest_update( bp_displayed_user_id() ); ?>
    </div>

I have also cleared the cache, etc.

sharmstr

No need to apologize 🙂

I’m locked out of your site 🙁

papsie
    Participant

Oops! Should have access again now.

sharmstr

Hmmm. In \buddypress\members\single\member-header.php add some text, save it and see if it shows up on your site. I want to see if it loading that file or a different one.

It definitely works (see attached) so I’m thinking its a caching issue on your site. (I know you said you cleared it.)

Attachments:
     papsie
    Participant

I tried adding text (same place as you placed it in your screenshot), uploaded the file and still no change. I switched off the (on-site) caching entirely and also the browser cache (Chrome). Still no change. Hmm.

sharmstr

Did you add it to the parent theme though? Just trying to figure out where the file is loading from and if its a caching issue.

sharmstr

Sorry, just realized that I didnt make that clear in my other post because I forgot \buddyapp\ in the path. Sorry 🙁

btw – I like ‘Collab – Lab’. 🙂

papsie
    Participant

OK, what I have done now is deleted the child-theme version (/buddyapp-child/buddypress/members/single/member-header.php) and added “a little text” above the latest activity to the main theme version (/buddyapp-child/buddypress/members/single/member-header.php), still no change.

I’m glad you like the name! ;o)

sharmstr

That means its a caching issue.

sharmstr

Assuming you meant “main theme version (/buddyapp/buddypress/members/single/member-header.php)” and not “main theme version (/buddyapp-child/buddypress/members/single/member-header.php)”

papsie
    Participant

Yes, that’s what I meant. Very weird, I’ll dig deeper and see if I can track down what is causing this. Thanks very much for your help. Have a good weekend. ;o)

sharmstr

Wait. After you added the text, did you clear your cache again? There are only 3 places that file can load from

/plugins/buddypress
    /themes/buddyapp
    /themes/buddyapp-child

Try adding 3 different text strings to each file. Clear your cache and see if it changes.

Also, perhaps your hosting company has some sort of cache enabled. I know on siteground, even if I disable their caching plugin I still need to disable it in cPanel for it to really be turned off.

Let me know how it goes.

papsie
    Participant

OK, great, I’ll try that. I’ll have to leave it until tomorrow though. I’ll let you know how it goes. Again, thanks very much for you help. I really appreciate it.

papsie
    Participant

Hi sharmstr –

There is definitely a cache problem somewhere (or a separate file is perhaps being called). I have tested all 3 levels of member-header.php (BA/child themes and BP plugin) and there was no change. I then deleted the files from the server – still no change!

I have also tested if the server is causing this cache problem, but it appears not, as I ran the same test on our live site (on the same server setup) and the update was immediate. (see evt. screenshot)

Any more ideas for what we can do to rectify this?

Thanks,
    Chris

Attachments:
     sharmstr

strange…

I have some debugging code I use on my site that prints out every template page that’s being loaded for a page. The problem with it is that it only gives you something like /buddypress/members/single/members-header.php without the parent directory. I started looking at it last night to see how to add the parent directory. That would really help in this case 🙂 Let me see if I can sort that out.

For the heck of it. Does your changes in /plugins/buddypress show up if you enable the WP 2015 Theme?

sharmstr

I’m assuming you’ve looked for plugin conflicts as well… Disable all plugins except buddypress…. ?

papsie
    Participant

It gets even stranger…

No change in WP 2015/2016 with /plugins/buddypress changed. BUT it does still change with the current live theme (Klein). See evt. http://muziclink.com (same admin, if you need it).

Yes, I have tested (fully) for plugin conflicts. No result even just using BP alone.

sharmstr

THIS MAKES NO SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m going to go work on my motorcycle. 🙂

papsie
    Participant

I know, very spooky science! ;o)
    Have fun with the bike.

sharmstr

I’m going into your site to mess around with some things….

sharmstr

I blew up your site. Can you go into your child theme’s functions.php file and change

COPY CODE

<?php var_dump(debug_backtrace()); ?>

to

COPY CODE

var_dump(debug_backtrace()); 

Sorry 🙁

papsie
    Participant

Hi sharmstr – Thanks for your message. I have removed the PHP tag from the (child) functions.php file, but the site is still returning a 500 error. If it would make life easier for you, I would happy to set you up with FTP. Just let me know. ;o)

sharmstr

Yes please.

I’m trying to get it to dump all of the template calls. I first tried it in members-header.php but since its not calling that page, it didnt work.

MAKES NO SENSE 2015!!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?