This topic has 21 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years by itt.

• Author
     Stephanus
    Participant

Hi there,

I updated my KLEO Theme and all it’s plugins. As far as I can remember, everything on my site was fine until I manually updated the K-Elements plugin.

My website http://www.happyandhealthy.co still looks fine, apart from the Blog page (http://www.happyandhealthy.co/blog/) where the layout looks funny and some of the images on my website are not in full colour (almost greyish / faded out). Also,s the ‘Community’ links at the top of my home page no longer work.

The greatest issue I have, however, is the fact that I can’t access the back-end of my site. When I log in at http://www.happyandhealthy.co/wp-login.php, it allows me to log in and I see my home page with the Dashboard / Editing buttons at the top of the page. However, when I click on Dashboard, Edit Page, Themes or any of the buttons above, I am presented with a white screen. As a result, I’m unable to edit any of my pages or access the back-end of my site. I’ve also noticed that the blog on my

I’m not sure, but it seems like it’s basically any URLs that have ‘wp-admin/’ in the URL.

Please help me to resolve this issue. I looked at your other related topics, but it didn’t help me, maybe because I’m not very familiar with FTP, etc. However, maybe you can provide me with very specific instructions?

Maybe I can give you access to my site so that you can see what’s going on?

Thanks!

Stephanus
    Participant

Update:

I finally managed to access the Dashboard section of my website. (It seemed to have something to do with K-Elements.)

Anyway, my blog still looks terrible (see attached screenshot), and my ‘Community’ and ‘Account’ links at the top don’t work.

How can I fix these 3 issues? Certain things aren’t working on the home page either, e.g. I should have an image of an apple on a grey background, but it is only showing the grey background. Also, the ‘number of meals’ and other figures are supposed to work as animations, but they don’t.

Please help. Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Stephanus
    Participant

Update:

I’ve reinstalled K-Elements, Visual Composer and Revolution Slider as per your instructions on to see if this will resolve my remaining issues. However, it broke my theme again. I couldn’t access my site’s back-end / dashboard again.

I then logged in via FTP and renamed plugins to pluginshold, which enabled me to access my site’s back-end / dashboard. I then changed the folder back to plugins and could see all my plugins (which were marked inactive). I activated all of them except for K-Elements, and everything worked fine up to here (although my website still looked terrible). When I then activated K-Elements, I once again only got a blank screen.

Please help. Why is this happening?

Thanks.

Catalin

what version of k-elemets you have?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     Stephanus
    Participant

I’ve got the most recent version. I believe it’s 2.1.

At the moment I can’t login to my dashboards because I’d need to disable my plugins via FTP (by renaming plugins to pluginshold), then manually go and activate them one by one. However, whenever I do this, everything is fine up until the point that I activate K-Elements. As soon as I do this, the screen goes blank.

Catalin

Hello,

This problem may come from incompatibility with a 3rd party plugin you have installed… I suggest you to deactivate all of them and activate them one by one, starting with k-elements, and see which one causes the problem.

let me know how this goes… its important to tell if this happens only with k-elements active.

Thank you,
    Catalin

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution
     sharmstr

@catalin: more info here https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/menu-dropdown-not-working

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Abe
    Keymaster

You have a JS error most probably. Use this archive for K-elements that is the latest one https://archived.seventhqueen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/k-elements.zip

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Stephanus
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi @Stephanus
    You should make sure you have the latest version of KLEO theme installed and if that does not solve the problem give me your FTP details to take a quick look

---
    @ SeventhQueen we do our best to have super happy customers. Thanks for being our customer.

Stephanus
    Participant
     Abe
    Keymaster

Hi, Your KLEO version 1.4.1 and it is a pretty old version since now the latest one is 2.0. This is probably the problem and I will upload it on your server now.

---

Abe
    Keymaster

I am not able to connect so please re-download the theme from Themeforest and follow the docs to manually update

---

Stephanus
    Participant
     Abe
    Keymaster

@Stephanus I am glad you managed to solve it by updating the theme. You should only update the parent theme since the child theme contains your own customizations and the child theme from our package is always the same.
    The automatic update will update the parent theme only

---

Stephanus
    Participant

Hi Abe, thanks for your message. It seems like my automatic updates only update the child theme and not the parent theme. How can I ensure that my things are set up correctly?

Abe
    Keymaster

@Stephanus only the parent theme gets updated

---

Stephanus
    Participant
     itt
    Participant

@Abe

Hi

after updating the Theme im having Admin blank page and i can not access the dashboard

Help please

Thank you

Abe
    Keymaster

Hi @itt,
    set WP_DEBUG to TRUE in wp-config.php to see the errors you are getting

---

itt
    Participant
     itt
    Participant

@Abe

Hi Again

per one suggestion i add define(‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘384M’); to wp config and admin dashboard start working again
    ill see if keep working

can you please private my previous reply by mistake i added root address

Thank you

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?