This topic has 30 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years by Radu.

• Author

Tagged: 

Strothi
    Participant

Hey guys,

I think the recent update caused a js issue somewhere?! My news aren’t loading anymore https://fslci.org/news/ and because my Jobs List also doesn’t show, I guess that it’s js related. Would be great if you could look into this.

Thanks so much in advance.

Kind regards, Philip

Laura

Hello, do you have all plugins updated? Try to deactivate some plugins and check again 🙂 Let me know

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Strothi
    Participant

Dear @Laura, all plugins (except for one which doesn’t cause the issue) are updated. I also deactivated all plugins and the issue remains! I installed WP 5.0.1 again as well as Buddypress, which was the only other plugin I updated next to Kleo. If you inspect, you can also see that JS is indeed blocked! It would be great if you could look into this issue.

Thanks so much in advance.

Kind regards, Philip

alexlii
    Participant

Hi Laura,

Same issue, please check this post on your forum too:

https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/kleoversion-4-4-3-grid-bug

please take this issue as important issue.

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! ?

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Radu

Hi,

We investigate the issues and will get back to you soon as possible.

Cheers

R

Radu

I had tried to reproduce the issue on my local install using latest wp available 5+ and also lastest theme updates + latest plugins update, but the js error not happens. not sure whym, if you know exactly how can be reproduced please tell me.

Until then i had attached the previous kleo theme version 4.4.2, until we identify and fix the issue, try this version and let me know if the error continue to happens or not.

Any hint it’s welcomed to can solutionate the issue quicker.

Cheers
    R

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Strothi
    Participant

Dear @Radu,

thanks, 4.4.2 indeed fixed the issue. Obviously that’s not a permanent solution but it shows that the issue indeed is with Kleo.

Kind regards, Philip

Radu

That’s great for the moment, i will speak with the core developer about this issue and tomorrow we will fix and i will communicate to you the progress.

Cheers
    R

Strothi
    Participant

Dear @Radu,

I just installed the new version 4.4 but unfortunately, the issue remains. Please find attached a screenshot with the error messages in the console.

Kind regards, Philip

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Strothi
    Participant

FYI: I just reinstalled 4.4.2 and now it works again. Interestingly, all errors from the screenshot remain except for the second “Syntax Error”. The others are also all js errors, so I think they are related anyhow to the issue but do not cause the elements not to load like the second error – at least if I go by the messages in the console…

Kind regards, Philip

alexlii
    Participant

all errors from the screenshot remain except for the second “Syntax Error”

I am not Klei support, and would like to share what i found relate to “Syntax Error” below:

There is side menu on our site which was created by Kleo theme option, but I put “http://#” in side menu, that will cause that issue, but if I input “#” the issue will disappear.

other errors might not be related theme, but might related to plugins.

Anyway, these information is just for your reference, since I am not technical background.

Thanks

Radu

Hi,

Please keep using 4.4.2 until we release a new theme version that handles this issue.

Or the solution that @Strothi proposed, you can edit the menu items under wp-admin -> appearance -> menus -> the item or the items that had http:// before # (http://#) you should leave only the #

Cheers
    R

Strothi
    Participant

Dear @Radu,

I just installed the new version 4.4.5 and unfortunately the issue remains 🙁 I also don’t have any menu items that have a https://# configuration, hence that’s not a solution.

The error messages also remain the same in the console.

Kind regards, Philip

Strothi
    Participant

I stand corrected! I just found a menu item that had a # reference, deleted it and now everything loads like it should 🙂 I still have a few js errors, but they don’t seem to affect the functionality of the site for now!

JS Errors

Radu

Hi,
    Great that it works now

Cheers
    R

Strothi
    Participant

Dear @Radu,

I fixed now nearly all errors, except for one. I’m using Youzer for my Buddypress pages and in the activity stream, the “Read more” button doesn’t work! I just tested it with TwentyFifteen and here all works fine. Again, it’s a js issue, as you can see in the log:

Log of JS Issue

You can see the issue if you go to fslci.org/activity and then click on the top on group updates. The first post in the groups overview has a “read more” button, click that and you’ll see that it doesn’t load and the error comes up in the console. It seems to be an issue with the theme calling for admin-ajax.

Thanks for looking into this.

Kind regards, Philip

Radu

Hi,

Did you had fixed that meanwhile ?

Pressed load more and the content was pulled and also no js error.

Cheers
    R

Strothi
    Participant

No, I think you mistook the „load more posts“ with the „read more“? If I click on the read more, it doesn’t do anything and throws the error.

Kind regards, Philip

Radu

Hi,

Yes i had made a confusion, i see the error happens, can you tell me what plugin are you using there to can investigate that issue on my local install ?

Also meanwhile, if you can ,please enable wp debug and press again load more, and provide to me the debug file content.

https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG

Cheers
    R

Strothi
    Participant

Dear @Radu,

the forum doesn’t let me upload the log file, but error in question from the log file is the following:

[11-Jan-2019 16:40:26 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function yz_get_wall_post_content(), 1 passed in /var/www/web124/htdocs/FSLCI/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286 and exactly 2 expected in /var/www/web124/htdocs/FSLCI/wp-content/plugins/youzer/includes/public/core/functions/wall/yz-wall-general-functions.php:689
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/web124/htdocs/FSLCI/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): yz_get_wall_post_content(‘Dear FSLCI Memb…’)
    #1 /var/www/web124/htdocs/FSLCI/wp-includes/plugin.php(203): WP_Hook->apply_filters(‘Dear FSLCI Memb…’, Array)
    #2 /var/www/web124/htdocs/FSLCI/wp-content/themes/kleo/buddypress/buddypress-functions.php(1266): apply_filters(‘bp_get_activity…’, ‘Dear FSLCI Memb…’)
    #3 /var/www/web124/htdocs/FSLCI/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): bp_legacy_theme_get_single_activity_content(”)
    #4 /var/www/web124/htdocs/FSLCI/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(”, Array)
    #5 /var/www/web124/htdocs/FSLCI/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
    # in /var/www/web124/htdocs/FSLCI/wp-content/plugins/youzer/includes/public/core/functions/wall/yz-wall-general-functions.php on line 689

The plugin that I use for the wall is Youzer.

Kind regards, Philip

Strothi
    Participant

Oh, on an unrelated note: Each time I deactivate Kleo it moves widgets from my additional sidebars – which is really annoying because I always have to reassign them. Maybe this is something that you could also look into in going forward 🙂

Radu

Hi,

For the sidebar think i know that they are keeping the location, if you just disable the theme or the plugin sidebar generator, anyway i will ask the core developer about this and if isn’t we will do something in this matter.

For the activity error can you sent me the plugin to can test locally ? i’ve tried to search for it in wp repository but i cannot find it.

Cheers
    R

Strothi
    Participant

Dear @Radu,

well, widgets of additional sidebars are moved to standard sidebars and don’t keep their place, so there’s an issue 😉 As for the plugin, you can get a free test version here: https://youzer.kainelabs.com

Kind regards, Philip

Radu

Hi,

The core developer says that the wordpress behaves like this since if the theme it’s deactivated the sidebar locations will be inexistent for wp and the wp itself it moves the the remaining sidebar.

As a workaround you can export periodically widgets with this plugin : https://wordpress.org/plugins/widget-importer-exporter/

Those days i ill test the yourzer behaviour on my local install, So our colleague Laura becomes mom and i should keep their pace and the ticket volume it’s a little higher that’s i will delay with that test and possible solution. hope you understand

Cheers
    R

Strothi
    Participant

Dear @Radu,

I understand. But not being able to read full entries is a significant issue which is now delaying the opening of my site to a larger audience! Would be great if you could have the developer check the issue as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards, Philip

Radu

Hi,

I’ve tested and the issue also occurs, so in this case i’ve maken a mail to inform the youzer plugin author cuz he also some days ago contact us to tell us if there is any issue with the plugin on our theme to tell him.

Please let us some days to developer to respond i will let you know.

If i not reply on the middle of the next week just reply there.

Cheers
    R

Strothi
    Participant

Dear Radu,

thanks for making the effort. Looking forward to hearing back from you next week then!

Kind regards, Philip

Radu

Hi,

I’ve managed to fix myself the bug you will have to replace this file content : wp-content/themes/kleo/buddypress/buddypress-functions.php

with the content of this one : https://pastebin.com/raw/Vqp3nTf4

Also this fix will be included in next theme updated that will be released shortly.

Cheers
    R

Strothi
    Participant

Yeah! Awesome, thanks so much for your help! Much appreciated 🙂

Kind regards, Philip

Radu

Hi,
    You’re welcome.
    If you have a spare moment today please consider leaving the support you received / the theme a review on ThemeForest. Every review really does help. https://themeforest.net/item/kleo-pro-community-focused-multipurpose-buddypress-theme/reviews/6776630

Cheers
    R

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?