This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years by 5high-photohub.

• Author
     5high-photohub
    Participant

Hi,

I might be missing something obvious here, but after I’ve downloaded the latest theme update I can’t extract everything due to file names being too long – or rather I can extract all BUT I have to skip all files with too long file names! I’ll attach a screenshot of one of the (many) warnings…

As I understand it I need to extract from the zip download so I can upload to my site – which is now not possible.

I’d appreciate your help with this.

Also, as an aside, while searching the forum for this issue i came across some info re setting up the theme to auto-update. Can you post a link for this info? And I assume it would just be the Kleo theme files, so the child theme files would remain untouched?

Cheers.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     sharmstr

WP Admin > Theme Options > Theme Update. Enter your Themeforest username and API key. You can set up your api key from your profile settings on theme forest.

Correct. Child themes are never updated. That’s the point.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

5high-photohub
    Participant

Brilliant! Thanks for the info – will try to remember for next time!
    Cheers.

sharmstr

Excellent. I’d never heard of that problem. I just googled your error message 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

5high-photohub
    Participant

Last thing… re automatic updates; I’ve set up the API key etc as you said, but can’t find where I do the update from. I did try reuploading the zip file – which of course failed as it was already there – so now not sure how to update the theme either via the WP admin or automatically. Can you give me some pointers?
    Much appreciated.

sharmstr

Auto update gives you an alert and option to update IF there is an update. If you have 2.4.1 installed, its not going to give you the option. There’s a stick topic that should help: https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/steps-to-update-kleo-theme

5high-photohub
    Participant

Okey dokey, all sorted now – originally there were no updates available in the dashboard but it has now magically appeared! I probably needed to refresh the page or similar for it to show.
    many thanks again 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘KLEO’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?