This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years by sharmstr.

• Author
     ImG
    Participant

I’m writing this problem after reading this ticket.

The camera icon in the the cover image section always points to profile/change-cover-image/ page.

I tested all the below cases and finally came to know that ” Leave BP Cover plugin functionality instead of BP 2.4 core” option in Settings > Buddypress > Settings page has no effect.

Case 1:
    ” Leave BP Cover plugin functionality instead of BP 2.4 core” – Checked
    “Allow registered members to upload cover images” option under profile settings disappears
    The camera icon in the the cover image section points to 404 page as profile/change-cover-image/ page not exists.
    “Change cover” sub menu appears under profile menu in frontend and it links to profile/change-cover/ page where we can change cover using plugin functionality.
    Case 2:
    ” Leave BP Cover plugin functionality instead of BP 2.4 core” – Unchecked
    “Allow registered members to upload cover images” option under profile settings appears but this option is unchecked.
    The camera icon in the the cover image section still points to 404 page as profile/change-cover-image/ page not exists. In this case we cannot change cover image.
    Case 3:
    ” Leave BP Cover plugin functionality instead of BP 2.4 core” – Unchecked
    “Allow registered members to upload cover images” option under profile settings appears and this option is checked.
    The camera icon in the the cover image section points to profile/change-cover-image/ page, Now we can change the cover image using buddypress core funtion.

But i want to use cover photo plugin function as it has some additional features, the camera icon in the case 1 should link to profile/change-cover/ page.
    Please test the cases and release the plugin update to solve this issue.

sharmstr

The developers are already looking into this. I will let you know what the come up with as soon as they get back to me.

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

sharmstr

Its been fixed in the next update. In the meantime, go to /kleo/lib/plugin-buddypress/config.php and around line 426, change

COPY CODE

global $bp;

to this

COPY CODE

if ( ! bp_group_use_cover_image_header() ) {
            return;
        }

global $bp;

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

This support site is not about custom work. If you need custom development please contact cornel@seventhqueen.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Bugs & Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Forgot your details?