This topic has 87 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years by Radu.

• Author
     Oceanglim
    Participant

Hi!
    1. Your recommended logo size is 294 wide and 108 tall.  Mine is 294×90, and still it touches the login/signup button in Mobile Version.

Can I change the login/signin button from left position to middle position or right position in Mobile Version? How can I do that?

2. As I badly want a background image in mobile version as well, I made a header slider, deactivated Register Form, as I want some informative text intead. Everything looks good in the computer, but in mobile version there is a huge space under the slider, until the below text starts. How can I adjust this?

Best Regards,
    Oceanglim

Laura

Hello, can you share some screenshots of what you want?
    Let me know 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

Laura Solanes - Graphic Designer and Web Designer

Please be patient as I try to answer each topic as fast as i can.

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Always happy to help you 🙂

Oceanglim
    Participant
    This reply has been set as private.
     Laura

Hello, i couldnt access as its password protected, let me know 🙂

Hi there!!! Help others from the community and mark any reply as solution if it solved your question. Mark as a solution

If you like the theme or the support you've received please consider leaving us a review on Themeforest!

Oceanglim
    Participant
     Oceanglim
    Participant
     Laura

Hello, please try adding the following to your style.css of child theme

COPY CODE

@media only screen and (max-width: 940px) {
    div#rev_slider_1_1_wrapper {
        min-height: 300px !important;
    }
    .top-bar > ul .name h1 a {
        background: white !important;
    }
    .top-bar ul > li.toggle-topbar {
        background: #FFFFFF !important;
    }
    }

Oceanglim
    Participant

Thanks! Is this code for both changing “login/signin” to right position and to eliminate the unwanted space below slider in mobile version? If I put header background to blue…then I see it’s the header that goes far down in mobile version.

Thanks Laura!

Oceanglim
    Participant

Okej!! Wohooo!! I made it! Thanks! The space is gone now! Thanks!!

Oceanglim
    Participant
     Oceanglim
    Participant
     Oceanglim
    Participant
     Laura

Hello, for 1, yes it will still show as the code works with the database not the profile view
    2- A field you want to be only numerical
    3- Yes, and right now there is no workaround, only search filters
    4- Appears at the breadcrumbs, check attached. Make sure you didnt hide it using style.css or theme options
    5- You need to add it to the search form, just check it at Sweetdate > Buddypress
    6- There is no matching circle at the members directory, only at members profile. What matching circle do you see?
    7- Might be related to cache, try to deactivate a caching plugin

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
     Oceanglim
    Participant
     Oceanglim
    Participant

Forget about #5 – I found it! 😉

Laura

Hello 🙂
    2- The best way to test it is to create a new field and add it to the numerical selector, you will see how it works 🙂
    4- You can activate it and just deactivate it at the homepage using css, let me know from what pages you want to hide it and i will give you the code
    6- There was never a matching circle at members page, just at profile pages, so its normal that you dont see it

Oceanglim
    Participant
     Laura

Hello, for 4, it should show at other members profile, please share ftp so i can adjust the css
    Hello, can you share a screenshot of the carousel?

Quick navigation just shows you profiles, doesnt have nothing to be with matching results, matching is only the circle % at others profile

Oceanglim
    Participant
     Laura

Hello, something is very wrong with your site, i do not know if you edited theme files, let me know if you did. Right now i can only suggest to reinstall the theme ( save style.css of child theme and export theme options at Sweetdate menu )
    To see if he issue fixes

Oceanglim
    Participant
     g5clive
    Participant

Hi,

I’m having the same issue with the large space on mobile theme and I cant remove it, even with the code you gave. Is there another css code I can plug in?

Laura

Hello, will assign the ticket to a higher support level who can help and advise you in your query.
    Thanks! 🙂

Radu

Hi @Oceanglim

IF you want to install child theme, and if you have made some customizations in parent sweetdate theme, you will have to save the theme settings from wp-admin – theme options -> import/export -> show exported text then copy that code and save it for later, after you install child theme you will have to import the theme settings.

Regarding the translation please follow the next guide :

Note : It’s very important to choose the correct language paths (choose global language directory ( wp-content/languages/ ) )

Theme strings and plugins strings can easily be changed by using Loco Translate plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/loco-translate/

A small introduction on how translations work

Translatable strings can come from the theme or from the installed plugins. You need to translate the theme or the plugin depending on what section of the site your string is found.

For example if your string is on your BuddyPress profile then most probably you will need to translate BuddyPress plugin. If you are on the Forums section of your site then bbPress plugin should be the one that needs to be translated. Another example is the rtMedia plugin that adds the Media links to BuddyPress and if you want to translate it then this plugin will contain the string.

Follow these steps to get you started:

• Install Loco Translate plugin
    • Go to the plugin dashboard: WP Admin – Tools – Manage translations
    • Find the theme or plugin in the list.
    • If the language isn’t already in the list then click Add new language, choose your language and if you are asked where you want to save the language files choose global language directory ( wp-content/languages/ ).
    • Press SYNC button to synchronise your translation with the provided .pot file
    • Search for the string you want to translate and add your translated string.
    • Press Save when you finished your translation.

Note: You will have to set the language for your blog from WP-admin – Settings – General – Site Language – Choose your language

Regarding your content saved in pages or posts, if you reinstall the theme the content of a pages will not be affected, but for more safety do a database backup.

Cheers

Radu

Radu

Hi @g5clive

Please open a new ticket in that you will provide your site address and also the credentials if the page is not public visible

Cheers
    R.

Oceanglim
    Participant
     Radu

Hi,

You’re welcome,

ISSUES NOT FIXED BY REINSTALLATION:

1.Footer menu still missing
    – You will have to populate footer widget areas from wp-admin -> appearance -> widgets -> Footer widget 1,2,3 and 4 i’ve added a menu and a meta for demo purposes, you will have to arrange footer as you need

– I think there is a server related problem, i’ve tried much time to debug this but unsuccessful… very odd i think it’s server related, the avatar works by default in theme.

The debug.log file shows

COPY CODE

[12-May-2016 14:34:45 UTC] PHP Warning:  mysqli_query(): Error reading result set's header in /home/mrnicwft/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1811
    [12-May-2016 14:34:48 UTC] PHP Warning:  mysqli_query(): MySQL server has gone away in /home/mrnicwft/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1811
    [12-May-2016 14:34:48 UTC] PHP Warning:  mysqli_query(): Error reading result set's header in /home/mrnicwft/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1811

It seems that are some problems with communication between the mysql and php

I recommend you to moove your site on a test server from another hosting company to test there.

I’ve deactivated majority of plugins to check if one of them causes this.

– Carousel is still there above the search form ….How can I get rid of that?

—-Provide link to see please

QUESTIONS and ANSWERS :
    – Quick Navigation Bar shows both genders….How can I do settings to show only the gender member is interested in??
    -This is not possible by default.

– Will the search engines find the text on the register form??

Exactly values that you see in form, the search engine will index that, if you will have website protected with a password from example the google bot will not have access there

Cheers
    R.

Oceanglim
    Participant
     Radu

Hi again,

2. PROFILE PIC UPLOAD
    —- Regarding to this problem, is very odd, it takes much time to debug this, yes you can try a re-installation of buddypress, but before that try to do a fresh install of theme + wp + plugins on a subdomain of your site to see it works correctly, your OS XP doens’t have nothing to do with the problem.

Note : The settings and values of buddypress and for other plugins are saved in database so you can re-install the plugin, but it’s recommended to do a database backup

Regarding to this problem you can try to re-upload the theme files over the existing theme file.

Just want to add that I had no problems uploading profile pics before…..

Before ? What’s different from then ?

Yes most probably you will have to get a developer to develop a custom logic for that show him these : https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/topic/restrict-looking-for-the-opposite and additional discuttion about these here : https://archived.seventhqueen.com/forums/search?bbp_search=opposite+sex

Use this css to align the checkboxes to the left, will look arranged with this css

COPY CODE

.directory.members .seven.mobile-four.columns.kleo-checkbox { text-align: left; }

Cheers
    R.

Oceanglim
    Participant
     Radu

Hi,

The theme files location are wp-content/themes/sweetdate/

The css should work i’ve tested live via console and it applies…

The css are correct and the css should be pasted in wp-admin -> theme options -> styling options -> quick css

COPY CODE

.directory.members .seven.mobile-four.columns.kleo-checkbox { text-align: left !important; }

Cheers
    R.

Oceanglim
    Participant
     Radu

Hi,

No problem,

If the profile photo upload works on new install and on your’s no… something is misconfigured there it’s require time to debug that, the only reliable solution from my point of view is to import the current database to your subdomain where profile pic upload work, then from your main domain save theme options then import it to the staging server wp-admin – theme options -> import/export -> show exported text then copy that code and save it then import the dates in the staging server.

Regarding the actual look of your site after you reinstalled buddypress please check for new version of wordpress or just re-install it from wp-admin -> dashboard -> updates -> update wordpress OR re-install wordpress now.

Sumare : Copy modifications,theme options and db to the install where avatar upload works then moove the website live on the main domain, your technicians will be able to do that.

Have a nice week and i hope to solve your problems man

Cheers
    R.

Oceanglim
    Participant
     Oceanglim
    Participant

…sorry…Can you also explain what you mean with “staging server”??

Radu

Hi,

Regarding the missing pages you will have to create them then to assign them from wp-admin -> settings -> buddypress -> pages

I don’t know if you will have same problems again… from what i see it’s a isolated problem to you.. other sweetdate users doesn’t have continuous problems like you and the avatar upload problem I have not saw others with this problem.. odd

A staging server is a type of server that is used to test a software, website or service in a production-similar environment before being set live. It is part of a staging environment or staging site, where it serves as a temporary hosting and testing server for any new software or websites.

You can re download the theme files from the themeforest to be sure that theme files are ok.

Cheers
    R.

Oceanglim
    Participant
     Oceanglim
    Participant

….btw…Have you heard anything about TDM Hosting? I really feel I must change host afterall as they can’t handle backup/restore..

Radu

Hi,

Yes you can download the theme every time you need form tf.

I recommend you to choose a popular form like : https://www.bluehost.com/ which is recommended by wordpress.org or one of those firms : https://wordpress.org/hosting/

Chers
    R.

Oceanglim
    Participant
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?